Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

Re: My Warhammer Quest.. Quest

we all have our strengths right? whilst i am better at graphics and not a bad painter. im an awful writer. so there are things you can do that by far exceed my capabilities.

however. it really irks me when i play a game if i havent managed to paint everything we use...i even find myself apologising "sorry these aint been painted yet" lol

Quote Originally Posted by &mpersand View Post
    we all have our strengths right? whilst i am better at graphics and not a bad painter. im an awful writer. so there are things you can do that by far exceed my capabilities.
    however. it really irks me when i play a game if i havent managed to paint everything we use...i even find myself apologising "sorry these aint been painted yet" lol
    lol I feel like that with the tiles of mind I've decided to go all mdf so come 1st Sept me and Simon will be making headway in finishing the tiles

Wow, I don't come on here for a while and your board is nearly done - just how long have I been away? They look great by the way, as do your cards, well as does everything to be honest.

Regarding the basing issue, I had similar thoughts about it, which was why I made my tiles the size I did, I suppose one option would be buying miniatures (those not classed as large creatures) which are actually not that big (otherworld do quite small Minotaurs for example), or you could use the current GW size ones and just have them take up more squares (but this gives the warriors a bit of an advantage as not as many can get into adjacent squares). It's a tough one...

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonslave View Post
    Wow, I don't come on here for a while and your board is nearly done - just how long have I been away? They look great by the way, as do your cards, well as does everything to be honest.

Regarding the basing issue, I had similar thoughts about it, which was why I made my tiles the size I did, I suppose one option would be buying miniatures (those not classed as large creatures) which are actually not that big (otherworld do quite small Minotaurs for example), or you could use the current GW size ones and just have them take up more squares (but this gives the warriors a bit of an advantage as not as many can get into adjacent squares). It's a tough one...
    yeh im not too far off now. dont have too much left to do before i will be able to get my first game in too. and yeh for minotaurs, im going to attempts 30mm bases, so whilst all the regular ones are 25mm. going 5mm bigger keeps them within the square size on the board. ill manage to make this work for minotaurs. and ogres. but trolls might struggle.
    and you are right tactically, this makes the larger monsters a pain in the ass for the players, even less so with a bigger base. so it effects the actual play of the game. which if you ask me (and ill stick by this forever) was an awful design decision for the game, everyone keeps saying "but back then" which is nonsense. we still had those 40mm square bases in advanced heroquest and a large monster rule and that was out a few year prior to WHQ. and they should of adapted for this,
    to have something as mundane as base size cause such an issue is crazy really. so heres to hoping i can squeeze as many different types of larger monsters onto 30mm bases!

got my spiders done

also managed to get my books bound up..bound up? binded? whatever lol. all done, of which im very happy with

they look like actual models you could by in a shop mate very nicely done and congrats on booklets

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    they look like actual models you could by in a shop mate very nicely done and congrats on booklets
    yeh..from the pound shop

Don't be daft, those spiders look really good. You've done a cracking job on them. The books look very professional too. I've been thinking of binding them myself. Keep up the good work!

i jest of course. they are unique to my collection, ill take that

Quote Originally Posted by &mpersand View Post
    i jest of course. they are unique to my collection, ill take that
    A unique lot of models found only in your collection and I stand by what I said their are really good and do look like models you could actually buy and cost more than a pound shop

Very nicely done with re-creating the basics for WHQ. I am kind of looking into a dungeon crawler for some reason these days and WHQ may be something that I can get into in the future. You have inspired me to look further.
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffymcfluff View Post
    Warhammer for me is more fun when I can drink, smoke and swear at my dice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Vaughn View Post
    And dont tell me the rules are "Designed" to work better at certain points values, because the rules are many things but Designed aint one of them...
    My miniature blog. http://tinylegions.blogspot.com/
    www.classichammer.com - New Games with Old Rules

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6