Thread: Dwarf Book Illustration, by akurepki2 [WHFB]

Re: Dwarf Book Illustration, by akurepki2 [WHFB]

Heresy, dwarfs paying tribute to elves!

I really like the style and the image as a whole. Notice how all the dwarves are named but the elf is not in their footnotes. This work of art has some nice mystery incorporated.
    my general project thread

[2020] painted: 3

Well it may depict one of the scenes that eventually led to the War of the Beard. Remember that Dwarves and Elves used to be on good terms until Mal threw a wrench in the works.

Looking back, now with the knowledge of the End Times, everything seems to appear in a different light somehow...

The silly end to Grombrindal as Snorri Whitebeard forgiving Malekith is just stupid and in no way acceptable. The Malekith retcon needs some serious brain bending to accept. Elves and dwarves react way out of character. Dwarfs were the joking butt of the end times and that deserves even more grudges.

It is best to forget that pile of stinking garbage, as a collector I do not want to own more than the Nagash book, everything that came after it I consider wasted paper.

After having a closer look, it is a hammer the front dwarf is leaning on, so no gifts. This is probably the scene where some shaving happens. Now that WD series on the War of the Beard with a campaign and all, that was stellar work. Warhammer historical battles would have been amazing as a product.

GW novels were never good in the first place actually, they've always resembled bad fanfiction, contradicting established lore in crass ways so regardless of what GW says, I consider them non-canon. Feel free to ignore them.

The writing of the End Times isn't top notch unfortunately, you can tell it was rushed because they felt the urgent need to kill WHFB as quickly as possible. I mean they churned out the most gigantic expansion in the history of the game over the course of a year, and a few weeks later removed all the evidence it ever existed and half the models needed to play it from existence. That's hardly good business sense. Still I'm thankful it exists, they could simply have shut the game down and said, that's it folks, Chaos wins, game over. Just imagine this scenario!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Life Form View Post
    GW novels were never good in the first place actually, they've always resembled bad fanfiction, contradicting established lore in crass ways so regardless of what GW says, I consider them non-canon. Feel free to ignore them.

The writing of the End Times isn't top notch unfortunately, you can tell it was rushed because they felt the urgent need to kill WHFB as quickly as possible. I mean they churned out the most gigantic expansion in the history of the game over the course of a year, and a few weeks later removed all the evidence it ever existed and half the models needed to play it from existence. That's hardly good business sense. Still I'm thankful it exists, they could simply have shut the game down and said, that's it folks, Chaos wins, game over. Just imagine this scenario!
    I agree that GW or BL writing for the most part is bad fan fiction. I disagree on The End Times simply because they made players pay for the pleasure to get told to go stuff it. I stopped buying the books after Nagash and the prelude (Sigmar's Blood) because I was happy with the open end but already dreaded the final GW end. I read the other books and they went bad fast.