Quote Originally Posted by f2k View Post
Those are very good questions.

It seems to me that back in the days of Portent, and the early days of WarSeer, there was a feeling of purpose and direction. The current WarSeer though... I just don't know... It seems to be mainly idling, with no particular direction or purpose.
I knew Pete. I know what Pete wanted. I knew why Pete owned and ran Portent. I understand, fully, why he threw in the towel after the big server crash and hack in 2005. That Warseer exists today is a testament to the community that was built there. As much as people out there would like to deny it, Warseer was formed to be a successor. When we chose the name, we chose it because Portent was THE place for rumours, and we should lean into it.

I think it's been through 2-3 owners now, and no one either on the Facebook Group or here has stepped forward to say "I am the owner." I've seen a couple of mods and admins self-identify, but no ownership. Why? What purpose does this obfuscation serve?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Joe View Post
Warseer and fora in general
You and I are the only people I have seen since Alekenesis stopped posting on Portent that use the correct plural of forum.