Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Is this forum dying?

Re: Is this forum dying?

Someone posted on the Warseer FB group and Anne has been looking into it. I don't know much about these things but I believe the cert was updated fairly quickly, the problem was something to do with the code or something (that's as good as my explanations for these things go ).

I wasn't able to access the site but Annes sorted it now and it's working ok.
    Last edited by Lost Egg; 07-01-2022 at 09:18.

A bug was preventing the CSS getting applied. Anne has now fixed it
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... and then it's just fun!

I do wish the admins would at least make a statement regarding the state of Warseer. After all that brainstorming for improvements to this site they gave us nothing, and didn’t even feed back on why. The Mods have been tremendously patient with our griping but I am struggling to see why they should be the ones providing all the info. I understand the pressures of Real Life but what’s to stop at least one post highlighting the challenges for the Admins?

It’s good that the certification was fixed but what is bugging me is someone is clearly listening but they’re not engaging with us here. I find that depressing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragsta View Post
    I do wish the admins would at least make a statement regarding the state of Warseer. After all that brainstorming for improvements to this site they gave us nothing, and didn’t even feed back on why. The Mods have been tremendously patient with our griping but I am struggling to see why they should be the ones providing all the info. I understand the pressures of Real Life but what’s to stop at least one post highlighting the challenges for the Admins?

It’s good that the certification was fixed but what is bugging me is someone is clearly listening but they’re not engaging with us here. I find that depressing at this point.
    What's worse is that it was over the holidays. I was on vacation and had a lot of spare time to come out here and chat, yet every time, I get the warning page.

I want this site to keep going and get better, but frustrating episodes like this are pushing me into the "delete the bookmark and forget about it" mode of thinking.
    Want a better way to fight fantasy battles? Try the revised and expanded Conqueror: Fields of Victory!
    Do you like Star Wars but hate the prequels? Ever wonder what could have happened if someone competent wrote them? Look no further.
    A proud player of 2nd edition 40k.
    Check out my bestselling book about the Spanish Civil War.

Im back to have a look, only 3 members on at the time of post
    Get your Denim Jaeskit on and relive the Glory Days

<*>

OK, the last outage was the Admins starting to resolve site issues.

Small steps first.

You should now be able to visit the welcome forum and say hello to new folks.

You also should be able to stay idle for an hour without losing your connection.

Next step is taking some of the empty sub-forums and make them disappear...and consolidate some others.

Cheers,

CB

PS: 10 members on right now.
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Painted Elysian Army, and other bits for 40K and terrain

Make those empty sub forums an offer they can’t refuse, Captain… :P

There seems to be an uptick in traffic, which is good. A while back I was going to blog a Chaos Rhino conversion but I started writing another book and that's now my top priority. Still, I like to drop in from time to time and I'm looking forward to the site being cleaned up.
    Want a better way to fight fantasy battles? Try the revised and expanded Conqueror: Fields of Victory!
    Do you like Star Wars but hate the prequels? Ever wonder what could have happened if someone competent wrote them? Look no further.

facebook makes his dead toll, but as long people come here it will live forever like a dreadnough

IMHO there’s actually a decent flow of updates, they just get lost in all those sub forums! :S Change for the Emperor God! Skulls for the improvement throne!

I agree. There were times when I came here and there were no new posts. Clearing out the clutter will make that more prominent and lead for both more commentary and for new folks who follow a link or something here to decided to join in.

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Well, the site SSL certificate is expired again... Silence from admins.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10