Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Post your full armies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post your full armies

Inspired by another forum-
    lets see the glory of your army

A quick pic last trip to the game store I forgot my regular camera so these are on my phone :P

this was my 5th edition army build that clocked in at just under 2,800 points the only things not pictured (ran out of room to transport them) 10 sniper scouts, 5 scouts w/landspeeder storm, the other 4 tactical marines and the librarian in terminator armor. that bonus clocking me in at just over 3,300 points.

Re: Post your full armies

WOW...nobody? seriously? after a full week?

doesn't anybody else know how to work a camera anymore?

This is an older picture of my Prussian Imperial Guard for 40K from the last time I had them out of storage (about 3 - 4 years ago). They're still waiting to be finished and the company that made the APC's has long since gone out of business unfortunately

Very cool thanks for the picture, since the manufacturer is gone you have one of the most unique IG forces out there, I see the leman russ turrets look sorta like KV 2s

Quote Originally Posted by mughi3 View Post
    Very cool thanks for the picture, since the manufacturer is gone you have one of the most unique IG forces out there, I see the leman russ turrets look sorta like KV 2s
    They’re mounted on WW1 tadpole tank chassis too which gives them an interesting look. They look nice and formidable on the tabletop 😁 . Who knows I may even finish painting them at some point 😂🤪

I remember back in 2010 a guy showed up at one of the GTs with a WWII soviet themed force, mostly infantry horde, but it looked amazing

I remember back in 2010 a guy showed up at one of the GTs with a WWII soviet themed force, mostly infantry horde, but it looked amazing
    Funnily enough so have I but it's only undercoated at the moment

Here's a not very good image of my currently painted Talons of the Emperor:

Last edited by Lord Damocles; 17-07-2019 at 17:01. Reason: Did that fix it..?

The image doesn't seem to be working.

OK,

Eldar

Elysians

Imperial Guard

Orks

Sisters of Battle

Tau Sept

It has been a long painting war...

CB
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others
    Interested in buying OOP metal Sisters of Battle with Standards and metal Eldar Dire Avenger Exarchs - Selling Metal Bretonnians, Painted Elysian and Tau Armies, plus loads of painted WFB Empire Units/Heroes and other bits for 40K and terrain

It always is with wargamers there is always something to build or paint. :P

That's some classic range elder there, and I see you gave the elysians(and FW) a lot of love. a guy at our shop built the elysian dunebuggy army. I think he dropped like $1,500 on it.

I see you suffered the same affliction that I had building 40K after 40K army (nids, sisters, ravenwing, deathwing, and tau for me aside from my DIY marines). I finally got smart and switched to other game systems that were far cheaper for some variety. I got pics of the other armies in my profile. I didn't post them because I don't really have them anymore. just a few bits here and there I kept.
    Last edited by mughi3; 19-07-2019 at 06:12.

That’s some sweet collection there CB - if they gave out medals for gallantry in painting you’d be on a sure fire bet there 😎

Got some very nice armies out there. Best that I have is this from two years ago:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0255.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	439.3 KB 
ID:	240829

While I have the boxes assembled, and a lot more blue is painted, this is basically where my army is now. The ones that look painted in the pic are in touch up phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffymcfluff View Post
    Warhammer for me is more fun when I can drink, smoke and swear at my dice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Vaughn View Post
    And dont tell me the rules are "Designed" to work better at certain points values, because the rules are many things but Designed aint one of them...
    My miniature blog. http://tinylegions.blogspot.com/
    www.classichammer.com - New Games with Old Rules

Red hands---better than being yellow all the time

buddy of mine has a 5th ed crimson fist army we still play with. he is pretty mechanized land rider crusader, redeemer, some drop pods for his sternguard, assault terminators and his tac marines. it's a good list for 5th.

Red hands---better than being yellow all the time

buddy of mine has a 5th ed crimson fist army we still play with. he is pretty mechanized land rider crusader, redeemer, some drop pods for his sternguard, assault terminators and his tac marines. it's a good list for 5th.
    No doubt, I have heard the horror stories about yellow. The plan is to have two companies, one that uses drop-pods and one that uses rhino's, whenever I use them in tandem of course. If I ever get around to another chapter, my plan is to have a home-made one and have it ambiguous as far as the loyalty goes. That is so that I can have the company fight whomever I want, including imperials. But that is going to be a while from now. Outside of the new Elites (Sternguard, Vanguard) I am not really fond of the new models coming out of Nottingham, so I am going to have to pick them up on E-Bay one squad at a time. They, however go in the back of the line to include the fantasy armies that I want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffymcfluff View Post
    Warhammer for me is more fun when I can drink, smoke and swear at my dice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Vaughn View Post
    And dont tell me the rules are "Designed" to work better at certain points values, because the rules are many things but Designed aint one of them...
    My miniature blog. http://tinylegions.blogspot.com/
    www.classichammer.com - New Games with Old Rules

Small update
    actually managed to get the entire army on the table for a 3,200 point game, it looked like this-

It always is with wargamers there is always something to build or paint. :P

That's some classic range elder there, and I see you gave the elysians(and FW) a lot of love. a guy at our shop built the elysian dunebuggy army. I think he dropped like $1,500 on it.

I see you suffered the same affliction that I had building 40K after 40K army (nids, sisters, ravenwing, deathwing, and tau for me aside from my DIY marines). I finally got smart and switched to other game systems that were far cheaper for some variety. I got pics of the other armies in my profile. I didn't post them because I don't really have them anymore. just a few bits here and there I kept.
    Those armies have been built over 30 years. Painting has always been cathartic. These are the armies I kept after selling off many others (mostly completely painted as well).

Quote Originally Posted by nitromors View Post
    That’s some sweet collection there CB - if they gave out medals for gallantry in painting you’d be on a sure fire bet there ��
    Thanks nitromors.

Cheers,

CB
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others
    Interested in buying OOP metal Sisters of Battle with Standards and metal Eldar Dire Avenger Exarchs - Selling Metal Bretonnians, Painted Elysian and Tau Armies, plus loads of painted WFB Empire Units/Heroes and other bits for 40K and terrain

Low quality pic of my Celestial Lions 2nd Company - so far

Very cool where did you get the 3rd party bits? looks like secret weapon bases.

Very cool where did you get the 3rd party bits? looks like secret weapon bases.
    Bases from Tiny Worlds, Lion heads from PuppetsWar (Converted shoulder pads), rotary gun barrels from Red Dog minis, Shapeways for icons, all the rest Gee Dubs and Forgeworld

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast