Thread: Age of Heroes - FREE Wargame Rules

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Age of Heroes - FREE Wargame Rules

Hi all,

I've been playing with some ideas for a set of fast, fun & open wargame rules, partly for myself but also to roll some dice with the kids (our daughter is six & our son is eight). What with the current lock-down I thought I'd share what I've got so far in case anyone is interested in giving them a go.

Age of Heroes
    A simple set of rules for playing quick skirmish games; they're open and fun so feel free to change this up as you wish. Just have a blast!

My intention here was to embrace the K.I.S.S. principle (Keep It Simple Stupid) with just 5 stats (Move, Shoot, Fight, Health & Armour); I tried to keep the rules light and fairly intuitive yet giving players the option to customise their minis. A 'standard' game is 5 minis a side and players can choose up to 5 upgrades for their warband; with these upgrades you should be able to accommodate most models and they work well with Lego minifigs as you can literally build your own custom warband. The whole doc is 4 pages long so when printed with 2 pages to a side of A4 you can fit everything on one sheet as a tidy little booklet.

If anyone is interested I've already got ideas for another nine upgrades as well as the option of trading one or more minis for extra upgrades.

These rules are still WIP as I've only just started playtesting...but with the emphasis on fun I figure players can work through any bumps without too much hassle.

Note: Attached is the most recent version of the rules, the Warband Roster and Age of Heroes Extra...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Age of Heroes mk2.1.pdf   AoH Warband Roster.pdf   Age of Heroes Extra mk1.4.pdf  
    Last edited by Lost Egg; 11-04-2020 at 20:55.