Thread: HeroQuest seems to be back very soon.

HeroQuest seems to be back very soon.

Hi people.

According to recent news, Hasbro is about to launch a new edition of the old HeroQuest.

Many years ago, a Spanish company announced the 25th anniversary box, but it has never seen the light. Now it seems Hasbro has got a licence and we'll see the remake in a few days.

No idea of what is in the box, haven't seen any miniatures nor rules,..., nothing. Have you?

https://heroquest.avalonhill.com/en-us

Thank you.
    RIP WFB

You will be missed

Re: HeroQuest seems to be back very soon.

That website doesn't actually mention a board game so quite a few people have been asking if it might be a computer game. But, on the official Twitter page it specifically mentions a board game. As far as I'm aware the Chaos Warlock pic and that it'll be a boardgame is all thats been said so far.

Part of me is jazzed by the idea of seeing a new version of the game but I'm am also concerned that in making a new edition they may well miss what made it such a cool game, the simplicity and that it was a complete package. They have their work cut out for them as the original game is so well loved and been adapted countless times...it'll be really hard to please everyone.

Well AFAIK, it could not be sold in EU. Let's see what happens next tuesday...

Thank you.
    RIP WFB

You will be missed

These guys actually have the copyright so I assume they can sell it wherever.

The Twitter feed has shown off an illustration for what looks like the Heroic Brew card, it looks great.

With the info out, what do you think of the regional zoning and pre-order/production on demand?

My thoughts: if companies no longer take the risk involved in making a product, then why should I pay them the extra for them putting all the risks with me? And by extra I do mean extra, the add-ons are normally priced, but the core box is twice the price it should be at least IF all risk was with the company.

Disclaimer: I never had a connection to this game as such, it's legacy for sure, but not Heroquest.
    my general project thread

[2020] painted: 3

I like the piece of artwork shown for the Treasure card but the mobile game style of art for the box etc leaves me cold; individually the art looks good but so much of it just doesn't work for me. The minis are hit and miss...I dislike almost all the monsters.

Still I would have been tempted as the kids are into HQ at the moment and I think they'd get a real kick out a new boxed game. Luckily, Hasbro has made that decision easier for me. Only selling to the US & Canada is a bummer for those who want to jump on board and though they might be able to purchase it later they miss out on the exclusives.

As for the pre-order / crowd fund I guess its maybe more about a sales plan that a risk thing as I'd assume Hasbro would have no problem finding the funds. I guess they want to drum up excitement with the campaign and that sort of pressured sell definitely seems to encourage people to splash their cash.

I have this hazy recollection of having discussed the attempt by the aforementioned Spanish company to bring Heroquest back on the old WarSeer forum a few years ago. It was a shame that it did not happen in many respects, but it also reminded me never to get too excited about these kinds of announcements. There is not much yet on that website and I have a feeling that it may all come to nothing, especially because trying to launch new products and asking for financial backing to do so is problematic to say the least, in view of the current situation. In addition, I do always have the thought in the back of my mind that there is a risk that it could end up being a poor imitation of the original, rather than an excellent update of it. I guess that we will just have to wait and see.
    Visit 40K Online for all your 40K needs.

Sońando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente.