Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Codex: Dark Mechanicum (7th Edition)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Codex: Dark Mechanicum (7th Edition)

Preamble

Years ago, before I even started my first Codex Adeptus Astartes: Angels Of Vengeance project (or even had an account here), I was a lurker in Warseer's own Codex: Xenarch and << Dark Mechanicus >> threads. In fact, it was those two threads that inspired me to really get into the whole Fandex/Fan-rules sub-scene within our hobby. Years later, after my first attempt (or two) at writing an Angels Of Vengeance Codex, I decided to try and reignite or reimagine the old ideas Warseer had had for the Dark Mechanicum. Suffice to say, I was a little too cocky, and I rushed into it with little thought, planning or heed. It was a mess. And my failure to really do the Dark Mechanicum justice in those pages was one of the reasons I distanced myself from the hobby a couple of years back. Now, however, with all the extra time I have on my hands due to working from home in this pandemic, I've finally been able to go back and revisit almost all of my old notes, sketches, ideas and rough drafts for what I wanted the Dark Mechanicum Codex to be. And with a little help from the hoard of Horus Heresy Forgeworld books I own, I've spent my free-time redoing the Codex from the ground up (when I wasn't typing out thousands of words worth of rules and lore for the Angels Of Vengeance Codex, that is). Now, with Codex Adeptus Astartes: Angels Of Vengeance almost complete (all the rules are written, but I'm struggling with the last few pieces of background to tie the last two supplements together before I post them), I've decided it's a good time to start getting this dead donkey back amongst the lands of the living. Below, in this post, you should find the Codex's Contents with links to each article, unit, character and glossary, all there for your ease of navigation. This will be a long process, and will probably cover pages and pages of this thread, so I ask you: please, please can you wait to post any comments and reactions until I have added the last entry and announced the project's completion. Though, I will still be more than happy to receive any and all comments and replies until that moment via Message. I hope you enjoy the wild ride!

Now, with that out of the way: on to the contents!

CONTENTS

THE UNFETTERED PURSUIT OF KNOWLEDGE
    A God Incarnate
    Dissension In The Ranks

Rise Of The Dark Mechanicum
    Schism Of Mars
    Forlorn Hope

Horus Heresy
    Hereteks
    Heretek Savants

Arch-Hereteks
    Hell-Forges

The Path Of Discovery (In Progress)

FORCES OF THE DARK MECHANICUM
    Dark Mechanicum Battle Cohort

Dark Mechanicum Wargear List
    Anacharis Scoria
    Inar Satarael

Yelav Draykavac
    The Exospectre

Furnace Lord
    Illucis Grizvaldi

Ammicus Tole
    Nomen Ryne

Decius Abraxas
    Dark Energy Constructs
    Magos Phayzarus

Vathek The Undying
    Cyrrik Scayl

Arch-Heretek
    Heretek
    The Disciplines of Techno-Heresy

Dark Mechanicum Hypaspists
    Dark Mechanicum Tribunes
    Dark Mechanicum Slaves

Obliviates
    Stitchlings
    Warmonger Battle-automata Maniple

Heretek's Retinue
    Stitched Horrors
    Negavolt Cultists

Bronze Malifect
    Rogue Psyker
    Dark Mechanicum Praetorian Eradicators

Subjugator Battle-automata Maniple
    Cataphract War-droids
    Dark Mechanicum Decimator

Chimerics
    Data Daemons
    Banesteed

Hadesi Crawler-droids
    Debellator Cohort
    Wirewolves

Marauder Battle-automata Maniple
    Noakis Hellfire Reivers
    Dark Mechanicum Stalk Tanks

Dark Mechanicum Centaurus Duneraider
    Dark Mechanicum Triaros Armoured Conveyer

Dark Mechanicum Praetorian Destructors
    Stitched Behemoth
    Kerar Heavy War-droids

Cataclysm Siege-automata Maniple
    Dark Mechanicum Desecrator
    Dark Mechanicum Tormentor

Dark Mechanicum Krios Battle Tank Squadron
    Dark Mechanicum Artillery Tank Battery

Dark Mechanicum Macrocarid Explorator
    Dark Mechanicum Skitarii Maniple
    Forbidden Fleshworks Of The Gene-sculptors

Daemonic Blasphemes Of The Empyric Engineers
    Dread Automata Of The Cybertheurgists

Tide Of Iron
    Negavolt Warband
    Chimeric Greatpack

Decimation Host
    Armoured Spearhead
    Engines Of Woe
    Heretek's Masterworks

APPENDIX
    Army Special Rules

Warlord Traits
    Faction And Allies

Cybertheurgy
    Armoury Of The Hell Forges
    Ranged Weapons

Melee Weapons
    Special Issue Wargear
    Armour
    Immateria Runes
    Mutations
    Lesser Mutations
    Greater Mutations
    Exalted Mutations

Dark Mechanicum Vehicle Equipment
    Arcana Of The Dark Mechanicum
    Technomancy Discipline
    Tactical Objectives
    Representative Of The Dark Mechanicum
    Profiles
    Last edited by Fox Of 9; 07-11-2020 at 19:58.

The Unfettered Pursuit Of Knowledge/A God Incarnate/Dissension In The Ranks

THE UNFETTERED PURSUIT OF KNOWLEDGE

A dark, fractured mirror to the Imperium's Adeptus Mechanicus, the Dark Mechanicum and its traitorous Tech-priests tread a damned path; their backs forever turned on the sacred dictates and teachings of the Cult Mechanicus. Embracing individual innovation, experimentation, and free will, these Hereteks lack a central authority or consistent belief structure. As a result, their reigning ideology is far more diverse than that of their former brethren within the Adeptus Mechanicus. Hereteks may shun the Omnissiah entirely as a false god, worship him as an extension of Chaos, or simply ignore their former beliefs to focus solely on their research.

The Hereteks of the Dark Mechanicum often follow a path of constant innovation. A Heretek may be capable of drawing power for his devices directly from the Warp and controlling them with summoned Warp entities. He might dabble with concepts of artificial intelligence, memory transference, or even attempt to capture and preserve the souls of sentient beings within his devices through his arcane knowledge of the Warp. Many of these inventors mindlessly hew to the idea that the new and the novel is always preferable for accomplishing a given end as established techniques. For them, the joy of a new idea or the recovery of an unknown bit of knowledge is a triumph, even if that idea has already been made obsolete. With each new advancement, his passion for further such successes grows as does his appetite for ever more knowledge, regardless of its source.

Some in the Imperium think of those referred to as Hereteks to be a unified force, like the Adeptus Mechanicus itself. This is not the case; there is no such galaxy-spanning organisation dedicated to tech-heresy, including the Dark Mechanicum: which is often treated erroneously as being a monolithic entity like the Adepta from which it schismed. Rather, there are countless fiefdoms and Dark Forge Worlds, each ruled by a fallen Magos (or several Magi) powerful enough to dominate cadres of their fellows and enslave Mechanicus thralls and servants. Just like the warbands of the Traitor Legions and almost all the other servants of Chaos, the corrupt Tech-priests war amongst each other, or prefer to exist aloof from their fellow servants of the Dark Gods.

For these Hereteks, the overt confrontations of war are often only a means to an end. Whether this is a conquest in the name of forbidden and proscribed technological pursuits, or a desperate battle for survival, the menagerie that makes up the forces of the Dark Mechanicum is often a daunting adversary to face. Be they twisted and mutated Skitarii, horrific organic fabrications solely intended for violence or unholy constructs that are inherently evil and perverted abominations in the eyes of the Omnissiah. These heretical creations flood across the battlescape, armed and armoured with the greatest of the Heretek leader's inventions, the haunted skies above strobing white with colossal energy discharge. Warp-lightning leaps from the clawed hands of rogue psykers and daemonhosts, reducing the Emperor's faithful to charred, unrecognisable corpses. Arcane weapons, undeniably of Xeno origin, dissolve and eviscerate the foe, wherever they may hide. Blasts of barely-understood energy shoot like miniature suns from monstrous war machines, and volleys of unstable and archaic lasers crackle and spit as they burn through armour and into the flesh beneath. Those who launch a last, desperate assault in the face of this inhuman firepower are met by looming battle automata, each brutish metal giant given a semblance of life with simple commands to conquer, to burn and to crush.

A GOD INCARNATE

When the Age of Strife came to an end in the 30th Millennium, the Emperor of Mankind was determined to bring to fruition His future plans for human unity in a very hostile galaxy. He knew the time had come to unite all of humanity under one banner after the destructive birth of the Chaos God Slaanesh in the 30th Millennium reopened the galaxy to Warp travel and communication. With the use of genetically-modified warriors who presaged the development of the first Space Marines, He quickly rose to dominance on Old Earth, uniting the once-divided nations of Mankind's birthplace during the Unification Wars. He then set His sights on the wider galaxy, and with His newly-created Space Marine Legions at the forefront of His great expeditionary fleets, the Emperor launched His Great Crusade out into the void.

When the Emperor had first come to Mars seeking an alliance between His regime and the powerful Cult Mechanicus, the Tech-priests had recognised a kindred spirit; a man of science who valued the power of machines and technological advancement. As word of the "technological divinity" of this strange golden warrior reached the wider populace of Mars after the Emperor's first arrival at the Red Planet atop the mountain of Olympus Mons, some Tech-priests even began to equate the Emperor with the physical embodiment within the universe of their own Machine God - the Omnissiah.

The Emperor forged an alliance with the ancient Mechanicum through the Treaty of Mars - an alliance of two empires that marked the true foundation of the Imperium of Man. In return for supplying the needed materiel for His armies and building a mighty war fleet in the orbital shipyards of Mars' Ring of Iron for His crusade to reunite the stars, the Emperor promised to protect the Tech-priests and respect the autonomy of their Forge Worlds and their freedom to continue to practice their faith. This was protection offered despite the official atheism of the Imperial Truth that the Emperor intended to promulgate across all the other worlds of the newborn Imperium.

DISSENSION IN THE RANKS

For the masses of Mars, the Omnissiah was now a tangible being, a golden figure who had trod the red surface of Mars. But a small minority believed that the Emperor was nothing more than a False God who had enslaved the Martian Priesthood to His will with lies.

This small sect of dissenters believed the Emperor purposely came to Mars in the guise of the Omnissiah, albeit a false god who came at the head of an army of conquest. And that the peace the Emperor had offered the Mechanicum was illusory, a conceit designed to conceal a darker truth. These dissenters believed that the Emperor offered peace with one hand whilst keeping a dagger behind His back with the other, and that, in reality, the Emperor's offer had been an ultimatum, "Join with me or I will simply take what I need from you." And faced with a choice that was no choice at all, the Tech-priests had been forced to bargain away the autonomy of Mars and see the sacred Red Planet become little better than a vassal world of Terra, Mars' ancient rival for leadership among Mankind during the Age of Technology.

This bitter resentment, harboured over the next two Terran centuries, would fester below the surface until the individual known as Kelbor-Hal rose to a position of much prominence within the Mechanicum. He had become the Fabricator-General of Mars, the master of the Red Planet's mightiest forge city, Olympus Mons.

Rise Of The Dark Mechanicum/Schism Of Mars/Forlorn Hope

RISE OF THE DARK MECHANICUM

The climate on Mars was full of discontent during this tumultuous time in the days just before Horus openly declared his rebellion against the Emperor. There were tense relations between the various Mechanicus Magi who governed Mars, with sporadic outbreaks of espionage and violence being committed against the various forges that represented the primary sociopolitical units of Mars. There were even unconfirmed suspicions that the various Titan Legions of the Collegia Titanica, the most potent military forces available to the Mechanicus, had already secretly chosen sides in case of a potential conflict.

Then, with the outset of the Horus Heresy, the Warmaster Horus sent Regulus, an Adeptus Mechanicus representative who had already thrown in his lot with the Warmaster, to Mars to secure the tentative support of the Fabricator-General of the Mechanicum for his dreams of rebellion. Kelbor-Hal was sceptical at first, for the Emperor had been brought to his forge over two centuries earlier, and Kelbor-Hal had been forced to bend the knee to Him. Yet, for two centuries, the ruler of the once-lowly Terran techno-barbarian tribes had made empty promises of an equal role in His grand crusade of conquest, but that vaunted equality had never materialised in the Fabricator-General's view. And the Mechanicum continued to toil in its myriad manufactoria and orbital shipyards across the galaxy's Forge Worlds to provide the Emperor's armies with the needed weapons of war but received nothing for their efforts but platitudes. Kelbor-Hal knew Horus Lupercal was a warrior of vision, but Kelbor-Hal wanted to know what he could offer in addition to platitudes.

Regulus explained to the Fabricator-General that much had happened since the Emperor took His leave of the expeditionary forces after the success of the Ullanor Crusade and the installation of his favourite son Horus as the Warmaster and his proxy in command of the Great Crusade. He assured Kelbor-Hal that alignments had shifted and that new powers emerged from the shadows, offering their aid to those with the strength of vision to heed them. Horus Lupercal was one such individual and he was now assuredly a friend of the Mechanicus, Regulus assuring the Fabricator-General that the Warmaster pledged to return the Martian Empire to its former glory, and furthermore, he swore to withdraw any non-Mechanicum forces from all of the Forge Worlds after the Emperor had been overthrown.

Still, Kelbor-Hal was not convinced. The Warmaster asked much - not just the Fabricator-General's loyalty, nor the manufacturing facilities at his disposal, but Horus also required the utter destruction of any factions loyal to Terra upon Mars before the Warmaster's forces reach the Sol System - and he had asked much of him and the Mechanicus already. They had already delivered, for they had ensured that materials and weapons were priority-tasked to those expeditionary fleets of the Great Crusade that the Warmaster favoured and had delayed shipments to those not aligned with him. But the Mechanicus had no desire to trade one autocrat for another.

To allay the Fabricator-General's misgivings, the Warmaster promised to provide the Mechanicum with the lost secrets of ancient Standard Template Construct technology that had been recovered from the worlds of the recently subjugated Auretian Technocracy by the Warmaster's Sons of Horus Legion.

The Fabricator-General was impressed with the Warmaster's gift and admitted that it was a valuable STC database, but he wanted more. Regulus had anticipated this demand and told Kelbor-Hal that the Warmaster promised to lift all restrictions on research into those technologies like Abominable Intelligence that the Emperor had declared forbidden. To cement the alliance between the Mechanicum and the Warmaster and display the Traitors' seriousness about their cause, Horus had provided Regulus with the protocols required to unlock the infamous Vaults of Moravec, a repository of forbidden knowledge that the Emperor had ordered sealed two centuries earlier after the signing of the Treaty of Mars. Greedily, the Fabricator-General struck the dark bargain, accepting Horus' proposal and willingly joined forces with the Warmaster, assisting the Traitors with all of the technology of Mankind at his disposal.

SCHISM OF MARS

The Vaults of Moravec contained innumerable artefacts of technology that had been fashioned or corrupted by the malign power of Chaos or were in themselves incredibly dangerous, such as Warp-based weapons and ancient artificial intelligences. When this repository was reopened, there was all manner of forbidden arcane knowledge and weaponry that had obviously been tainted by the corrupting influence of Chaos stored within. Soon the corruption spread throughout the forges and temples to the Machine God across the Red Planet as scrap code - Chaos-contaminated digital source code that was infected with an arcane computer virus - infesting the logi-stacks and Cogitator archives of the Mechanicum, causing literal Chaos to emerge in any Cogitator system that was networked to one of its infected counterparts.

As a result of the scrapcode infestation, communication across the world and off-planet was severely disrupted and many essential industries were sabotaged. A period of general confusion followed, which the Fabricator-General and his allies amongst what would later be called the "Dark Mechanicum" used to marshal their forces, intent on making sure the whole of Mars was firmly under their rule. The Dark Mechanicum also used the tactics of sabotage and assassination in an attempt to eliminate those who were unwilling to join their cause.

This process proved to be more difficult than they had at first anticipated. Several regions of Mars remained relatively uninfected by the scrapcode, insulated against the assault by their early adoption of a new, far more secure digital information network technology called the Noosphere. Among these regions were the Forges of Koriel Zeth, Ipluvien Maximal, and Fabricator-Locum Zagreus Kane, who would go on to become the leaders of those Tech-priests who chose to remain loyal to the Emperor and resisted being drawn into Kelbor-Hal's Dark Mechanicum.

As he still required some pretence to unleash war against the Loyalists, Kelbor-Hal and his allies attempted to provoke those unwilling to join them, employing various acts of sabotage, assassination and outright aggression to eliminate those who were unwilling to join their cause. One example of these tactics was when the Dark Mechanicum-aligned Legio Mortis attempted to goad the Legio Tempestus into opening fire first by entering Tempestus territory and refusing to answer hails. Eventually, the pretence Kelbor-Hal required was given to him by the Techno-Magi Koriel Zeth, the Mistress of the forge known as Magma City, when she declared she no longer believed the Machine God existed, though she remained loyal to the Emperor and His goals for Mankind, as technology was developed through the application of science and reason, not blind faith.

The Dark Mechanicum used her apostasy against the sacred doctrines of the Cult Mechanicus to declare her and her supporters Hereteks and unleash an assault against Magma City, bringing war to Mars as those pledged to Kelbor-Hal and Horus attacked those determined to remain allied to Terra and the Emperor. Magma City would soon become a focal point for the resistance, with both the Legio Tempestus and the Knights of House Taranis coming to Koriel Zeth's aid. Defending against the Chaos-fuelled power of the Dark Mechanicum proved a difficult business and soon not only Zeth's forge, but those of Maximal and even Kane found themselves effectively surrounded and besieged by their enemies. Similar instances of open warfare eventually erupted all across the Red Planet as Martian forces, both civilian and military, fought one another in a deadly and escalating civil war in which the destruction unleashed on Mars mirrored that unfolding in the wider galaxy between Loyalist and Traitor forces.

Later histories would record that the first blow of the Martian civil war was struck against Magos Mattias Kefra, whose forge in the Sinus Sabaeus region was housed within the Madler Crater. Titans of the Legio Magna marched from the southern Noachis region and within solar minutes had smashed down the gates of Kefra's forge. Howling god-engines daubed in red, orange, yellow and black, and decorated with flaming horned skull devices, ran amok within the high walls of the crater, crushing everything living beneath them and destroying thousands of standard years of accumulated wisdom in a fury of fire.

The apocalyptic conflict was not limited to the surface of Mars, and high above in the planet's orbital shipyards, Traitor voidships exchanged fire with their Loyalist counterparts after forcing the vessels of the Battlefleet Solar to withdraw. During one of these exchanges, the Ark Mechanicus Mechanicum Glorian was destroyed by Dark Mechanicum Frigates and crashed into the Basilica of the Blessed Algorithm on Mars itself. The crash annihilated millions of square kilometres and killed billions of people across the planet.

FORLORN HOPE

For those still loyal to the Emperor on the Red Planet, their salvation arrived in the form of a great Imperial expeditionary fleet. Malcador the Sigillite, the Regent of Terra, charged Rogal Dorn, the Primarch of the Imperial Fists Legion and the Castellan of Terra, with a mission of the most vital importance - to secure the forges of Mars for the Imperial war effort. Dorn informed the Sigillite that he would send his Legion's Champion and First Captain, Sigismund, accompanied by four companies of Imperial Fists and a large force of Imperial Army soldiers to secure the forges of Mars.

Across the northern hemisphere of the Red Planet lay an arc of Loyalist control - the important munitions manufactoria of Mondus Gamma and Mondus Occulum. Within these two vast industrial complexes, the Mechanicum fabricated the weaponry and Power Armour for the Legions of the Space Marines. These forges alone produced the bulk of the armour and weapons of the Legiones Astartes, and Dorn intended for his force to strike there to capture those forges and once they were occupied, the Imperial Fists and their allies would push outwards and secure the others.

Sigismund's companies landed at Mondus Occulum as the rest of the Imperial expeditionary force was fighting all across the surface of Mars. After a rapid deployment under fire in the shadow of the caldera of the great volcano Pavonis Mons, thirteen companies of the Imperial Army's Saturnine Hoplites advanced on the Traitors' lines surrounding the forge of Ipluvien Maximal. Further south, two companies of Imperial Fists and four regiments of Jovian Grenadiers under the command of the Imperial Fists' Captain Camba-Diaz made planetfall in the Mondus Gamma forge complex. Unfortunately, nothing of the Imperial Fists' mission to Mars went as expected.

Camba-Diaz and the Jovian regiments soon became embroiled in a fight for their lives at Mondus Gamma forge, and the Saturnine Hoplite companies tasked with breaking the siege at Ipluvien Maximal's forge were repeatedly turned back by the horrifyingly altered weapon-creatures of the Dark Mechanicum. Eventually, after more than an hour of desperate fighting, Camba-Diaz secured the Power Armour forges and the ammunition silos, but his company was outnumbered a hundred to one. The Traitor Magos Lukas Chrom's troops counter-attacked, pushing Camba-Diaz's Imperial Fists back to the landing fields, the loyalist Legion suffering grievous losses in their fighting retreat.

Sigismund quickly grasped that the Imperial expeditionary force would be unable to hold the forge as planned, but thanks to the aid of loyalist Fabricator-Locum Zagreus Kane, a great deal of munitions had already been secured for transport back to Terra, including nearly twelve-thousand suits of Mark IV Maximus Power Armour and twice as many Astartes weapons. But the Loyalists had run out of time. Despite the Locum's Servitors working at full capacity, it still was not rapid enough, for Sigismund's voidship masters informed him of a sizable enemy force closing in on Mondus Occulum, composed of infantry, armoured vehicles, Skitarii and at least two Traitor Titan Legions comprising nearly sixty god-engines in all.

Sigismund's desire to wreak bloody vengeance on the heads of those who had rebelled against the Emperor warred with the necessity of the mission his Primarch had given him to secure the vital armour and weapons of Kane's forge that would be needed to defend the Imperial Palace at a later date. Reluctantly he knew he must stay true to his mission, for the forces arrayed against the Imperial strike force were simply too many and his orders did not allow for the pursuit of futile gestures of defiance.

Like comets launching from the surface of Mars, the Imperial landing ships fled for the heavens and their mother ships in orbit. Astartes and Imperial Army vessels jostled in the sky in their haste to depart the Red Planet. Barely a thousand Loyalist warriors were able to escape from the planet's surface before the manufactoria fell into the hands of the Traitors. The desperate rearguard actions of the Astartes and other Loyalists on Mars and the sacrifice of many thousands of lives at least had secured tens of thousands of suits of newly-fabricated Mark IV, Mark V and Mark VI Space Marine Power Armour and other vital materiel that would ultimately prove to be the edge the forces of the Imperium needed in the campaign against the Traitor Legions of Horus Lupercal.

In the aftermath of the battle for Mars, Imperial forces from Terra blockaded the planet, leading to several attempts by the Traitors of Mars to breakout. The Loyalist containment of Mars was overseen by Imperial Fists commander Efried. Ultimately, Mars would remain under the control of the Dark Mechanicum until after the Battle of Terra when the Great Scouring would ultimately drive all of the Traitor forces into refuge within the Eye of Terror.

Horus Heresy/Hereteks/Heretek Savants

HORUS HERESY

The schism that occurred within the Adeptus Mechanicus was not limited to in and around Mars' atmosphere. As aside from the human component in the Traitors' ranks, the powers of the Mechanicum and their kin were also of great importance to the war.Within the ranks of the burgeoning Dark Mechanicum, could be found powerful elements of the Martian Priesthood, the Ordo Reductor and the Legio Cybernetica, along with many of the feared Myrmidon Destructor Cults and a number of sub-cults which had operated for long years on the edge of tech-heresy, all drawn together by Kelbor-Hal of Mars. With them came the support of more than half of the legions of the Legio Titanicus as well as dozens of allied Knight Houses, and the output and military power of Forge Worlds such as Sarum, Voss, Cyclothrathe and Stygies VIII, while others such as Anvilus, Incaladion and Ryza were left paralysed by civil war.

Much as with Sarum and Cyclothrathe, and other renegade Forge Worlds distrustful of Mars that the Warmaster Horus had enticed into his cause with the lure of petty empire-building and freedom of experimentation, Horus offered new treaties of alliance whose accords the varying ruling Forge Worlds' Mechanicum Synods would find more to their liking than the old. By these pacts the Forge Worlds would serve the Warmaster's new Imperium just as it had the old, but where they had been used and bled dry callously in the past by a master who cared nothing for their power or prosperity, under Horus they would flourish and be rewarded. Gone would be the petty restrictions of the Emperor's technological edicts - blocks put in place to avert the spectre of the terrors of Old Night - and gone would be the dead hand of Machine Cult dogma, if they so desired, so long as they offered up their weapons and war machines to the Traitors' cause with abundance.

The details of these pacts would prove more torturous and elaborate to finalise, but in secret an agreement was reached, even while in false faith the lords of these renegade Forge Worlds continued to secretly deal with Malcador the Sigillite's emissaries to the contrary. Many Archmagi sought to play one side against the other, right to the bitter end.

The Dark Mechanicum wholeheartedly supported Horus from the start of the Horus Heresy, participating in the attacks against the Loyalist Space Marine Legions on Istvaan V where they used dark and forbidden knowledge to help destroy the Loyalist Astartes. Their efforts, however, would ultimately be in vain. For with Horus' death at the Emperor's hands, the Traitors' siege of Terra crumbled and the Loyalist elements of the Mechanicum succeeded in managing to drive off their Chaos-corrupted brethren from the Red Planet. Many of these so-called Hereteks of the Dark Mechanicum fleeing into the Eye of Terror alongside the other Traitors after the Great Scouring.

HERETEKS

The Adeptus Mechanicus hold their darkest hatred for those renegade forces of their own brethren that turned on them during the Horus Heresy, Traitors who live on to this day as the Dark Mechanicum. The forbidden histories of those terrible days show that the destruction wrought by the Traitors on Mars and in a dozen other spheres of war was unparalleled, and has left a stain on the soul of the Omnissiah's priesthood that has never been cleansed.

In the aftermath of Horus' fall, many of the Dark Mechanicum who survived found sanctuary with the various Traitor Legions and in dark corners of the Imperium where their terrible arts have prospered and their undying hatred of the Imperium has festered down through the millennia. The forbidden psycho-sonic weapons of the Emperor's Children, the gene-atrocities of the hated Fabius Bile, the malign perversion of the techno-viral technology used to create the terrible Obliterators - all have been laid at the Dark Mechanicum's door.

These Hereteks may go as far as sharing the tools of his trade and the secrets of its ways with those who have not been trained in the mysteries of the Machine God. A Heretek actively seeks out new technology and continuously experiments with new techniques in ways that were once forbidden. He no longer believes that any information, experiment, or device can be ignored. Rather, he deliberately focuses on those technologies that the Mechanicus' teachings once taught him to avoid, with a particular interest in developing Warp-based technologies.

Few inquiries concerning technology are beyond a Heretek's interest, though inevitably many of his inventions and much of his research tend towards the development of tools of destruction. As he builds these weapons for his fellow devotees, the Heretek has also invariably rebuilt his own body. It may be that he has few organic components left and those that remain are often marked by the mutational 'gifts' of the Chaos Gods. His cybernetic and sometimes biological enhancements not only improve his technological acumen, they also grant him additional abilities in combat. A Heretek is likely to be much physically hardier as well as much more powerfully armed than even the highest-ranking Magos of the Mechanicus.

Hereteks often follow a path of constant innovation. A Heretek may be capable of drawing power for his devices directly from the Warp and controlling them with summoned Warp entities. He might dabble with concepts of artificial intelligence, memory transference, or even attempt to capture and preserve the souls of sentient beings within his devices through his arcane knowledge of the Warp. Many of these inventors mindlessly hew to the idea that the new and the novel is always preferable for accomplishing a given end as established techniques. For them, the joy of a new idea or the recovery of an unknown bit of knowledge is a triumph, even if that idea has already been made obsolete. With each new advancement, his passion for further such successes grows as does his appetite for ever more knowledge, regardless of its source.

The Heretek is often driven by his hunger for knowledge and is quite willing to use the Ruinous Powers and their daemonic servants as a source. At other times, he seeks out xenos technology and archeotech. He may even coordinate raids upon Imperial strongholds for the sole purpose of recovering their records of where such devices can be found. In many Hereteks’ minds, there is no greater purpose in life than serving the cause of the advancement of technology and knowledge. Any sacrifice is justified in the pursuit of this end. However, it is relatively rare for a Heretek to be raised by the Dark Gods as a Daemon Prince. All too often, Hereteks end up as a component of one of their own inventions, with too little left of the original body or its personality to even receive such a reward from the Dark Gods. However, those few who are granted this gift continue to spread their Chaos-tainted technology across the galaxy.

HERETEK SAVANTS

The strictures and dictates of the Adeptus Mechanicus are many and harsh; they form a labyrinthine and iron-clad code that defines every aspect of the lives of the Omnissiah's priesthood, including their outlook and practices. Their purpose is as simple as it is unwavering: to control and regulate knowledge and its use, stifle blasphemous innovation, and above all maintain the Machine Cult's stranglehold on the Imperium's technology.

To become a Heretek Savant by that phrase's purest definition is to abandon this code, at least in the Tech-priest's private thoughts. It is to embrace individual innovation, experimentation, and free will and stray from the path ordained by the teachings of the Archmagos Doctrinal. For a Tech-priest to do so is every bit as rare, as radical and heretical as a Confessor of the Adeptus Ministorum straying from the Imperial Creed, and the consequences for those that do stray, should their deviation be discovered, is every bit as harsh - rather than a pyre, Heretek Savants can look forward to having their cybernetic implants ripped bodily from them while alive, and whatever meat that remains useful recycled into Servitor components to pay for their sins against the Machine God.

Heretek Savants can come to their Renegade position for a variety of reasons, the most common of which includes the simple exercising of their free will away from the structured environments of the Machine God's domains. Such tech-heresy is particularly prevalent among those Tech-priests who serve in the Explorator cadres or are assigned to the Inquisition's service. These positions, above others, force self-reliance and adaption upon the Tech-priests in them. For some, the consequences of this can affirm their Omnissian faith, but for others, it can lead them to increasingly question and innovate in order to overcome adversity and seek their own answers.

Others come to tech-heresy for darker reasons, such as personal ambition and the obsessive quest for power and knowledge which will allow them no respite and lead them to increasingly rail against the narrow confines of the Cult Mechanicus' approved technologies and patterns. Regardless, the path of tech-heresy is a dangerous one and as perilous in its own way as tampering with the powers of the Warp. Exposure to the artefacts and lore of the alien and the sins of humanity’s ancient past can be every bit as corrupting, both for the body and the soul.

It is in this way, that becoming a Heretek Savant is a more a matter of choice and opportunity, rather than induction into a secret cult or service to a master, and all that is needed is for the Tech-priest to turn his back on the sacred doctrines of the Omnissiah and have the will and capability to do so. From this point on, they risk censure and destruction by the Cult Mechanicus if their heresies are discovered, and while there is nothing to stop them furthering their rank and position in the Adeptus Mechanicus, they are forever more false of heart and must remain eternally vigilant.

Arch-Hereteks/Hell-Forges

ARCH-HERETEKS

Within the Eye of Terror, Maelstrom, and many far-flung parts of the Galaxy, such as the Halo Stars, there exist those who defy the dictates and traditions of the Adeptus Mechanicus, choosing to experiment with technology and try to understand how it works without the sanction of the Cult Mechanicus. Condemned as techno-heretics, or Hereteks, these individuals are hunted for their blasphemous acts and shown no mercy should they be caught. Many of these individuals flock together for mutual protection and the benefits of their illicit studies. Such groups often find that the employ of pirates and smugglers grants them the freedom and mobility they need to survive, and the opportunity to work with advanced machinery beyond the gaze of the Mechanicus.

Over the centuries and millennia since the Horus Heresy, certain Hereteks have arisen throughout the galaxy, accompanied by great tales of infamous actions and blasphemous creations. Their sinister reputations have generated a collective moniker amongst the low-born populaces from Agripinaa to Vostroya. Now, along the length and breadth of the Imperium, a fallen Tech-priest of sufficient skill and infamy is likely to be labelled an Arch-Heretek by the populace. Though there are no set criteria for what makes an Arch-Heretek, they are often a match for true Tech-priests and Explorators in terms of their understanding and proficiency with machines. The greatest of them were once Tech-priests themselves, now turned from the worship of the Omnissiah. Arch-Hereteks are highly valued by void-faring criminals, both for their expertise in all things technical and their unique abilities.

HELL-FORGES

There are those servants of Chaos who live beyond the normal ken of mortals within a realm not entirely of the material universe and not entirely of the Warp: a Daemon World where the laws of nature and reason have been completely usurped by the whims of the Ruinous Powers. Here daemons roam freely and are constantly nourished by the twisting winds of sorcery as mortals become their playthings with a value only as Chaos Champions or slaves. Daemon Worlds are a sanctuary for the worshippers of Chaos with the means and courage to flee to them. The Inquisition never rests in its efforts to eliminate the devotees of the Dark Gods, but a Daemon World defies even their shadowy reach.

A few such Daemon Worlds are dominated by the remnants of the Dark Mechanicum that once followed Horus. These Dark Mechanicum Hell-Forge worlds are wholly given over to daemon-machines and infernal industries, where mills grind flesh and suffering is the currency used to make the insane visions of their nightmarish masters real. Countless millions are enslaved to work in a world-spanning network of labyrinthine forges, churning out an endless supply of weapons and armaments for the Traitor Legions' Long War against the Imperium.

The masters of these Dark Mechanicum Hell-Forge worlds, most now half-daemonic machines themselves, have long since left the shreds of their humanity behind and are beholden to none - be they mortal or Chaos God. They sell or barter their unholy inventions and arms to the highest bidder, be they warlord, demagogue, Chaos Sorcerer or Daemon Prince without favour, and their coin of exchange is always the same - new raw materials - the flesh and souls of slaves for the Dark Forge World's unquenchable hunger.

These fallen Forges Worlds are enclosed in a perpetual blanket of dark grey clouds. Below the clouds is the source: stack after stack of vertical pipes rising even to the lower cloud decks and billowing thick smoke into the acrid air. No sign of the actual surface can be seen, for all is covered with layered factories, which are burning, creating, and forging night and day - though there are few who can tell the two apart given the atmosphere. Robed figures wander without wasteful delay in their tasks, exposed cloth allowing glimpses of artful mechadendrites or metallic limbs.

Closer examination reveals more of the real nature of these dark worlds. Unhidden, clear to even a casual glance, is the mark of the Ruinous Powers. Runes and glyphs of unholy meaning litter walls, declaring patronage to the Dark Gods. Even the Hereteks carry these marks upon their branded flesh, their allegiance to the Machine God burned away from their synapses. The forges themselves burn with the terrible smells of burning blood and scorched flesh, fed by souls as well as Promethium and low-grav alloys of steel. The blessed Cog Mechanicum is gone, instead, there are leering metal skulls in a circlet of spiked teeth. But the worst thing is that there is no proper, logical structure to the world; Forge cities rise in random fashions, lurching towards the skies and deep into the planetary crust at the whims of their Dark Magos lords.
    Last edited by Fox Of 9; 23-09-2020 at 18:12.

The Path Of Discovery

THE PATH OF DISCOVERY

In the millennia since the events of the Horus Heresy and the Dark Mechanicum's inception, a thousand score and more Tech-priests have fallen to the allure of tech-heresy, each of these scattered Hereteks leaving a trail of blasphemous ideas, creations, and followers in their wake. It is an impossible task to accurately catalogue this dark history, with only the most profane and infamous incidents ever managing to transverse the vast expanse of space, and even fewer ever make it into the annuls of Imperial Truth.

• Mars Expands (M25-M30) - Mars overcomes strife and disaster to unite beneath the Cult Mechanicus. As lulls between the waves of Warp Storms allow, the fleets of Mars travel outwards, raiding for lost technology and establishing new colonies of Tech-adepts. With a few exceptions, such travels remain limited in scope and stay within the confines of what will later become known as the Segmentum Solar.

• The Treaty Of Mars (ca. 800.M30) - The Emperor, fresh from uniting the tribes of Terra, arrives on Mars. Many of the Tech-priests declare him to be the Omnissiah, and so the Emperor forges an alliance with Mars. It is the Adepts of the Cult Mechanicus that equip the Emperor's Space Marine Legions for the Great Crusade. In recognition of the fact that to achieve His galactic plans, the Emperor needs the technological and scientific aid of the Mechanicum, Mars becomes an ally to Terra rather than her subject, which is cemented by the signing of the Treaty of Olympus Mons, known as the Treaty of Mars on Terra. Of the countless worlds that the Imperium soon claims, only Forge Worlds dedicated to the Cult Mechanicus are esteemed in such a way.

• The Great Crusade (ca. 798.M30-005.M31) - The Emperor leads the massive Great Crusade outwards from Terra, with the purpose of reuniting the hundreds of thousands of lost worlds scattered across the galaxy. At the fore are the Space Marine Legions, supported by the growing Imperial Army. All are equipped by the factories of Mars. No less important are the Skitarii Legions, the Legio Cybernetica, the Legio Titanicus, and the Imperial Knights that join the expedition. Planet after planet is reconquered and offered the same choice - bow before the Emperor of Terra or be destroyed. On and on the Expeditionary Fleets push outwards. The Tech-priests often refer to this time as the Great Expansion, for hundreds of Knight Worlds are rediscovered during this period alone.

• The Horus Heresy (005-014.M31) - Like all of the branches of the Imperium, the Mechanicum finds itself rife with corruption during the epic civil war known as the Horus Heresy. Many Forge Worlds and Knight Worlds turn from the Emperor. Indeed, the Fabricator-General of Mars, Kelbor-Hal himself, declares his allegiance to Horus, and so begins the Schism of Mars, a bitterly-fought campaign that mirrors those taking place across the galaxy. Skitarii Legions square off against each other while Titan duels Titan. Those of the Cult Mechanicus that turn to the Chaos Gods are forever after known as the Dark Mechanicum. They are hated and feared in equal measure, for they dare to fuse daemons with the Machine Spirits of their war engines, creating twisted things that mock the Machine God and His true laws of order and reason.

• The Great Scouring (014-021.M31) - Wars of recrimination follow the Horus Heresy. Led by Roboute Guilliman and the Ultramarines, the Imperial forces fight battle after battle, driving the remaining Traitor armies back until they finally flee, seeking refuge in the Eye of Terror. The Knight Houses, their honour tarnished by the vile deeds of fallen Knights, are especially vehement in their pursuit of battles of vengeance.

Forces Of The Dark Mechanicum/Dark Mechanicum Battle Cohort

FORCES OF THE DARK MECHANICUM

The following section details background and rules information that describes the forces used by the Dark Mechanicum - their warriors, their vehicles and the characters that lead them into battle. This section will enable you to forge your collection of Dark Mechanicum miniatures into an army ready to fight battles in your games of Warhammer 40,000.

CHOOSING AN ARMY
    When choosing an army to play a game of Warhammer 40,000, there are two main ways of organizing your collection. These are the Unbound method, which means taking whichever units you like, and the Battle-forged method, which is more rigid but has extra benefits. Both are described fully in Warhammer 40,000: The Rules.

If you are using the Unbound method, simply use the datasheets later in this section that correspond to the models in your collection. If you are using the Battle-forged method, you will instead need to organize the models in your collection into Detachments. This is a fun process in its own right. The most common of these are the Combined Arms and Allied Detachments. Note that you can also include any of the Formations presented in this section as a part of a Battle-forged army.

The Dark Mechanicum Battle Cohort is a special type of Detachment that can be included in any Battle-forged army. Unlike the Detachments shown in Warhammer 40,000: The Rules, it has a Force Organization Chart whose slots are a combination of specific Formations and Army List Entries instead of Battlefield Roles. However, it still has compulsory and optional elements, as well as Restrictions and Commands Benefits, just like any other Detachment.

Although units cannot normally belong to more than one Detachment, units from a Formation that are part of a Dark Mechanicum Battle Cohort are an exception. They count as part of both their Formation and the Detachment, and have all associated Command Benefits and special rules. If your Warlord is part of a Formation or an Army List Entry that makes up part of a Dark Mechanocum Battle Cohort, that entire Strike Force is your Primary Detachment.

DARK MECHANICUM BATTLE COHORT

The Dark Mechanicum Battle Cohort allows you to represent many of the myriad structures of a Dark Mechanicum army on the Warhammer 40,000 battlefield. Whether you wish to field an army made of soulless, cybernetic constructs or genetically altered monstrosities, the choices below offer a great way to pick your army.

For example, Amy's Dark Mechanicum collection consists of the Exospectre, a Heretek with the Gene-sculptor Dark Discipline of Techno-Heresy, a Heretek with the Empyric Engineer Dark Discipline of Techno-Heresy, two units of Dark Mechanicum Hypaspists, one unit of Dark Mechanicum Tribunes, one Debellator Cohort, two units of Dark Mechanicum Praetorian Destructors, a unit of Stitched Horrors, two units of Stitchlings, a Stitched Behemoth, a Dark Mechanicum Macrocarid Explorator and three Dark Mechanicum Krios Battle Tanks.

If Amy wishes to organise her collection using the Battle-forged method - as described in
    Warhammer 40: The Rules - all of her units need to be a part of a detachment or a Formation. Amy achieves this by choosing one Dark Mechanicum Battle Cohort and one Combined Arms Detachment from Warhammer: 40,000: The Rules.

The Dark Mechanicum Battle Cohort in Amy's army consists of one Core choice and one Auxilliary choice. Specifically, it consists of a Dark Mechanicum Skitarii Maniple (the Exospectre, two units of Dark Mechanicum Hypaspists, one unit of Dark Mechanicum Tribunes, one Debellator Cohort and two units of Dark Mechanicum Praetorian Destructors) and an Armoured Spearhead (the Heretek with the Empyric Engineer Dark Discipline of Techno-Heresy, the Dark Mechanicum Macrocarid Explorator and the three Dark Mechanicum Krios Battle Tanks).

Both of Amy's Stitchling units (Troops), her Stitched Horrors (Elites), her Heretek with the Gene-sculptor Dark Discipline of Techno-Heresy (HQ) and her Stitched Behemoth (Heavy Support) form a Combined Arms Detachment. As all of her units belong to a Detachment or Formation, Amy's army is a Battle-forged army. The units that are part of the Dark Mechanicum Battle Cohort, therefore, have the Heretek Savant and Interlinked Targeting Net Command Benefits, whilst those that are part of the Combined Arms Detachment have the Objective Secured Command Benefit. Finally, Amy chooses the Exospectre to be her Warlord - the Dark Mechanicum Battle Cohort is, therefore, his army's Primary Detachment.

RESTRICTIONS:
    This Detachment must include one Core choice. It may also include up to three Command choices, and any number of Auxillary choices, in any combination. Only the datasheets listed below can be included in this Detachment, and all units in the Detachment must have the Dark Mechanicum Faction.

COMMAND BENEFITS:
    Heretek Savant: If this Detachment is your Primary Detachment, you can re-roll the result when rolling on the Warlord Traits tables in Codex: Dark Mechanicum.

Interlinked Targetting Net: If this Detachment is your Primary Detachment, you may, at the start of your Shooting phase, pick an enemy unit within 18" and line of sight of your Warlord. For the rest of the phase, units of Dark Mechanicum Hypaspists and Dark Mechanicum Tribunes from this Detachment can re-roll failed To Hit rolls against the enemy unit you picked.

CORE:
    DARK MECHANICUM SKITARII MANIPLE:
    • 1 Arch-Heretek
    • 2-6 units chosen in any combination from the following list:
      - Dark Mechanicum Hypaspists
      - Dark Mechanicum Tribunes
    • 0-4 units of Dark Mechanicum Praetorian Eradicators
    • 0-2 Debellator Cohorts
    • 0-4 units of Dark Mechanicum Praetorian Destructors

FORBIDDEN FLESHWORKS OF THE GENE-SCULPTORS:
    • 1 Arch-Heretek
    • 0-2 units chosen in any combination from the following list:
    • 0-1 Heretek's Retinue
    • 2-7 units of Stitchlings
    • 2-5 units of Stitched Horrors
    • 1 Stitched Behemoth

DAEMONIC BLASPHEMES OF THE EMPYRIC ENGINEERS:
    • 1 Arch-Heretek
    • 2-4 units of Dark Mechanicum Slaves
    • 0-1 Heretek's Retinue
    • 1-3 units of Bronze Malifects
    • 1-3 units of Data Daemons
    • 1-3 units of Wirewolves

ABOMINABLE MACHINES OF THE CYBERTHEURGISTS:
    • 1 Arch-Heretek
    • 0-2 units of Obliviates
    • 0-1 Heretek's Retinue
    • 2 Warmonger Battle-automata Maniples
    • 1-3 Subjugator Battle-automata Maniples
    • 1-3 Marauder Battle-automata Maniples
    • 1-3 Cataclysm Siege-automata Maniples

AUXILIARY:
    TIDE OF IRON:
    • 3-5 units chosen in any combination from the following list:
      - Cataphract War-droids
      - Hadesi Crawler-droids
      - Kerar Heavy War-droids

NEGAVOLT WARBAND:
    • 3 units of Negavolt Cultists

CHIMERIC GREATPACK:
    • 2-5 units of Chimerics
    • 1 Banesteed

DECIMATION HOST:
    • 3 Dark Mechanicum Decimators

ARMOURED SPEARHEAD:
    • 1 Heretek
    • 1 Dark Mechanicum Macrocarid Explorator
    • 1 Dark Mechanicum Krios Battle Tank Squadron

ENGINES OF WOE:
    • 1 unit of Noakis Hellfire Reivers
    • 1 Dark Mechanicum Artillery Tank Battery

HERETEK'S MASTERWORKS:
    • 1 Heretek
    • 1 unit chosen from the following list:
      - Stitched Horrors
      - Cataphract War-droids
      - Wirewolves

WITCH COVEN:
    • 1-5 Rogue Psykers

WAR MACHINES OF THE DARK MECHANICUM:
    • 1 unit chosen from the following list:
      - Dark Mechanicum Stalk Tanks
      - Dark Mechanicum Desecrators
      - Dark Mechanicum Torementors

COMMAND:
    ARCH-HERETEK'S ASSISTANT:
    • 1 Magos Phayzarus, Magos Vathek, Cyrrik Scayl or Heretek
    Last edited by Fox Of 9; 23-10-2020 at 17:00.

Dark Mechanicum Wargear List

DARK MECHANICUM WARGEAR LIST

These lists detail the points values of various items of wargear available to units in your army. Many units entries in the datasheets that follow may include options from one or more of these lists - in each instance, the datasheet will tell you (in bold text) exactly which of these lists you may use. Rules for these items can be found in the Armoury.

Ranged Weapons
    A model may replace its ranged weapon and/or close combat weapon with one of the:
    • Volkite serpenta..... 5pts
    • Lucifex..... 10pts
    • Photon gauntlet..... 10pts
    • Ectoplasma pistol..... 15pts
    • Inferno pistol..... 15pts

Special Weapons
    Where a weapon has two points costs, the first is for a standard, single version, and the second is for a twin-linked weapon of that type. A twin-linked weapon counts as two choices from this list:
    • Flamer..... 5/10pts
    • Maxima bolter1..... 10/15pts
    • Meltagun..... 10/15pts
    • Rotor cannon..... 10pts
    • Volkite charger..... 10/15pts
    • Ectoplasma gun..... 15/20pts
    • Graviton gun..... 15/20pts
    • Volkite caliver..... 15/20pts
    • Ectoplasma-fusil1..... 20/25pts
    • Rad/irad-cleanser1..... 20/25pts

Heavy Weapons
    • Ether beamer2.....15pts
    • Volkite culverin..... 15pts
    • Callophean psy-engine3..... 25pts
    • Ether cannon2..... 25pts
    • Necrotic beam2..... 25pts
    • Photon thruster..... 30pts
    • Conversion beamer..... 35pts
    • Gravition imploder..... 35pts
    • Irradiation engine..... 40pts

Battle-automata Heavy Weapons
    • Mauler bolt cannon..... 10pts
    • Multi-melta..... 10pts
    • Æther-fire cannon3..... 25pts
    • Darkfire cannon..... 30pts

Special Issue Wargear
    A model may take up to one of each of the following:
    • Infravisor..... 1pt
    • Auxiliary microprocessor..... 5pts
    • Scryerskull..... 5pts
    • Augury scanner..... 10pts
    • Digital weapons..... 10pts
    • Infoslave skull..... 10pts
    • Scrapcode virus..... 10pts
    • Combat familiar..... 15pts

An Arch-Heretek or Heretek may take one of the following:
    • Refractor field..... 15pts
    • Conversion field..... 20pts
    • Mechanicum protectiva..... 25pts
    • Stasis field..... 30pts
    • Kinetic displacement field..... 35pts

Immateria Runes
    A model may take up to one of the following:
    • Rune of wrath..... 10pts
    • Rune of alacrity..... 15pts
    • Rune of eternity..... 15pts
    • Rune of warding..... 15pts

Melee Weapons
    A model may replace its ranged weapon and/or close combat weapon with one of the following:
    • Heavy chainsword..... 10pts
    • Macro-scalpels4..... 10pts
    • Taser goad..... 10pts
    • Corposant stave..... 15pts
    • Envenomed blade4..... 15pts
    • Power weapon..... 15pts
    • Scythian venom talon2..... 15pts
    • Arc maul..... 20pts
    • Eviscerator..... 25pts
    • Power fist..... 25pts
    • Chainfist..... 30pts

Transgenic Grafts and Mutations
    A model may replace its ranged weapon and/or close combat weapon with one of the following:
    • Talons..... 5pts
    • Claws..... 10pts
    • Lashing tentacles..... 10pts
    • Grasping tentacles..... 15pts
    • Horns5..... 15pts
    • Pincer-claw..... 25pts

Dark Mechanicum Vehicle Equipment
    A model may take up to one of each of the following:
    • Warpsteel armour6..... 3pts
    • Combi-bolter..... 5pts
    • Dirge caster..... 5pts
    • Auxiliary drive..... 10pts
    • Dozer blade7..... 10pts
    • Extra armour..... 10pts
    • Mindscanner probe..... 10pts
    • Daemonic possession6..... 15pts
      - May also take a daemonforge8..... 10pts
    • Destroyer blades7..... 15pts
    • Enhanced power systems2..... 15pts
    • Flare shield2..... 25pts

Dark Arcana of the Cybertheurgists
    Only one of each Dark Arcana of the Cybertheurgists may be taken per army. A model may take one of the following:
    • Cortica Primus9..... 20pts
    • Rite of Proscribed Sentience..... 25pts
    • Contagium Mechanica..... 30pts

Dark Arcana of the Empyric Engineers
    Only one of each Dark Arcana of the Empyric Engineers may be taken per army. A model may take one of the following:
    • Bone Flute..... 15pts
    • The Lens of Seeing..... 25pts
    • Speculum Umbrae..... 25pts
    • Libellus Appello..... 30pts

Dark Arcana of the Forge Masters
    Only one of each Dark Arcana of the Forge Masters may be taken per army. A model may take one of the following:
    • Warp Shunt Field..... 35pts
    • Nanyte Blaster10..... 40pts
    • Armatus Necrotechnica..... 50pts

Dark Arcana of the Gene-sculptors
    Only one of each Dark Arcana of the Gene-sculptors may be taken per army. A model may take one of the following:
    • The Sarcophagus Locusta..... 25pts
    • The Panoply of a Rotting Goddess..... 50pts

1May not be taken by Heretek Hypaspists or Heretek Tribunes.
    2May only be taken in a Detachment that includes an Arch-Heretek with the Forge Master Discipline of Techno-Heresy.
    3May only be taken in a Detachment that includes an Arch-Heretek with the Empyric Engineer Discipline of Techno-Heresy.
    4May only be taken in a Detachment that includes an Arch-Heretek with the Gene-sculptor Discipline of Techno-Heresy.
    5Does not replace a weapon.
    6May only be taken in a Detachment that includes a model with the Warpsmith Discipline of Techno-Heresy.
    7Tanks only. May not be taken by a Dark Mechanicum Triaros Armoured Conveyer.
    8Walkers only.
    9Replaces the character's cortex controller.
    10Replaces the character's ranged weapon.
    Last edited by Fox Of 9; 07-11-2020 at 12:00.

Anacharis Scoria/Inar Satarael

HQ

ANACHARIS SCORIA
    335Pts
    THE EXANOPHANE TYRANT, THE FALLEN MASTER, LORD OF THE NINE COHORTS, THE APOSTATE MAGISTER

WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv Unit Type Unit Composition
    Anacharis Scoria 5 5 5 6 5 5 4 10 2+ Monstrous Creature (Character) 1 (Unique)
    The Homonculex 4 3 7 6 4 4 2 8 3+ Jump Pack Monstrous Creature

WARGEAR:
    ANACHARIS SCORIA
    • Two archaeotech pistols
    • Photon thruster
    • Cyber-familiar
    • Machinator array
    • Mechanicum protectiva
    THE HOMONCULEX
    • Two Arlatax pattern power claws
    • Plasma blaster
    • Atomantic shielding
    • Frag grenades

WARLORD TRAIT:
    • Forbidden Protocols

SPECIAL RULES:
    ANACHARIS SCORIA
    • Adamantium Will
    • Arch-Heretek
    • The Disciplines of Techno-Heresy (Cybertheurgist)
    • Eternal Warrior
    • Hardened Armour
    • It Will Not Die
    THE HOMONCULEX
    • Cybernetica Cortex
    • Feel No Pain (6+)
    • The Paragon of Metal
    • Rage
    • Reactor Blast

The Rite of the Beast (Anacharis Scoria only): The Rite of the Beast is an additional Cybertheurgy power which only Anacharis Scoria may use. The power has a modifier to use of -2. If successfully applied, it affects an entire unit of models rather than just a single model. All models in the unit may re-roll failed To Hit rolls in the Assault phase, have +1 Initiative and add 1” to their move and charge distances for the duration of the power. However, after the power has expended normally, roll a D6 for each surviving model in the unit. One the roll of a 1, the model immediately suffers a Wound with no saves of any kind allowed.

The Tyrant's Guard (The Homonculex only): If Anacharis Scoria is removed as a casualty, this model is also immediately removed from play and counts as destroyed.

OPTIONS:
    ANACHARIS SCORIA
    • May take The Homonculex..... 175pts
    THE HOMONCULEX
    • May replace one of its two Arlatax power claws with an Arlatax arc scourge..... 10pts

DARK ARCANA:
    ANACHARIS SCORIA

The Voidian Sceptre: A unique archaeotech weapon, this singular device also served as the seal of office for the Magisterium of the Voidian Consistory, the chief enforcer of the ruling magos of the Forge World of Xana II before the Horus Heresy. Made from materials found to be all but indestructible, the staff may be used to parry blows from the most powerful of weapons as well as strike with appallingly destructive power thanks to unknown technologies concealed within it which seemingly create entropic fields that cause matter to break apart in seconds as if tens of millennia had passed.

Range
    S
    AP
    Type
    -
    +2
    Melee, Two-handed, Armourbane, Entropic Destroyer
    Entropic Destroyer: Whenever this weapon causes an unsaved wound or Hull point, it inflicts D3 additional wounds, or, in the case of a target with an Armour Value, an additional Hull point, on the same model. Invulnerable saves may be taken against these wounds or Hull points, but they may not be replenished or ignored by any means, including Feel No Pain, It Will Not Die, Infernal Autosimulacra rolls, etc. Players may wish to make a note of how many wounds a model has suffered from this weapon for the purposes of tracking how many wounds they may not recover using such abilities.

INAR SATARAEL
    305Pts
    MASTER OF THE TAGHMATA SATARAEL, SYNOD-PERSECUTOR OF INCALADION, THE GRIEF OF ZOROASTRIS, THE FLESHLESS LORD

Inar Satarael 3 5 6 6 5 4 3 10 3+ Monstrous Creature (Character) 1 (Unique)

WARGEAR:
    • Graviton imploder
    • Twin-linked maxima bolter
    • Servo-arm
    • Cortex controller
    • Djinn-skein

WARLORD TRAIT:
    • Implacable Advance

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Arch-Heretek
    • The Disciplines of Techno-Heresy (Forge Master)
    • Cybertheurgy
    • Patris Cybernetica

Emergency Teleport Protocol: Should Satarael be slain at any point during the game, immediately roll a D6. On the result of 3+, the emergency teleport system engages successfully – in this case, the opposing player gains no Victory points for destroying Satarael (including for Slay The Warlord, etc) where this is a factor in the mission. In addition, if the emergency teleport system engages successfully, centre the large blast marker over him before removing Satarael as a casualty. All units, friend or foe, suffer a number of Strength 5 AP- hits equal to the number of models from their unit that are at least partially under the template. If Satarael was slain in the Assault phase, unsaved Wounds caused in this way count towards determining the assault results.

OPTIONS:
    • May take up to four Cyber-occularis..... 15pts each

DARK ARCANA:

Repulsion Shield: An arcane relic of ancient defence field technology, a repulsion shield is designed to deflect and possibly reflect weapons fire, particularly that of high energy weapons and heavy projectiles. Designed perhaps to operate on vehicles, Satarael has nevertheless modified it to protect his personal cyber-corpus in battle, although slaved to a relatively compact reactor core, it may not be operating at peak potential in doing so.

The repulsion shield works only against shooting attacks of Strength 6 or higher which are not either Blast (any size) or Template weapons. Its effects take place after any hits are scored against Satarael by such weapons, but before rolls To Wound are made. Roll a D6 for each hit inflicted. On a roll of a 4 or 5, the shot is completely negated. On a roll of a 6, the shot is reflected back on the firing unit, striking it automatically (rolls To Wound, Cover saves and Armour saves, etc, may be taken as normal). The repulsion shield has no effect on attacks inflicted at Strength D.

Last edited by Fox Of 9; 23-10-2020 at 20:16.

Yelav Draykavac/The Exospectre

YELAV DRAYKAVAC
    285Pts
    WARLORD OF CYCLOTHRATHE, SOVEREIGN-PRELATE OF HOUSE ATRAX, BRINGER OF PERFECTION

Yelav Draykavac 4 5 4 6 3 4 2 10 2+ Infantry (Character) 1 (Unique)

WARGEAR:
    • Graviton gun
    • Cortex controller
    • Djinn-skein
    • Machinator array
    • Mechanicum protectiva

WARLORD TRAIT:
    • Death of the Flesh

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Arch-Heretek
    • Fear
    • Precision Shots

Liquifractor: When Draykavac makes his close combat attacks, he can choose to instead make a single Liquifractor attack. This attack may be used against a single model in base contact and occurs at Initiative step 1 of the Fight sub-phase. No To Hit rolls are made and the attack hits its target automatically.

To resolve the attack, Draykavac's player rolls 2D6. If the target has a Toughness characteristic, they suffer a number of Wounds equal to Draykavac's roll minus their Toughness value with an AP value of 2. If the target has an Armour value, reduced the rolled value by half the Armour value struck (rounding up); the result is the number of penetrating hits the vehicle suffers.

Eg, if Draykavac's player rolls a result of an 8 against a Land Raider with an Armour value of 14 (halved to 7), one penetrating hit is inflicted.

Sovereign-prelate of House Atrax: A Dark Mechanicum Detachment that contains Yelav Draykavac allies with models from the Imperial Knights Faction at the Battle Brothers level of alliance.

In addition, both friendly cybernetica cortex-equipped models, as well as friendly units with the Walker or Super-heavy Walker type add 1" to their Charge and Sweeping Advance distances.

OPTIONS:
    • May be mounted on an Abeyant..... 35pts
    • May take up to four Cyber-occularis..... 15pts each

DARK ARCANA:

Paragon Blade: A two-handed power sword of consummate artistry and an irreplaceable relic of the Dark Age of Technology, this weapon is one of extraordinary balance and durability, as well as possessing phenomenal killing power.

Range
    S
    AP
    Type
    -
    +1
    Melee, Murderous Strike, Specialist Weapon
    Murderous Strike: Any To Wound roll of a 6 made with this weapon has the Instant Death special rule.

THE EXOSPECTRE
    395Pts
    THE UNDISPUTED MASTER OF FORGE CASTIR, HEIR TO HELLWHISPER, PRE-EMINENT ARCH-HERETEK OF THE HOLLOWS

The Exospectre 4 5 4 5 4 3 2 10 2+ Infantry (Character) 1 (Unique)
    Aposticator 4 3 4 5 2 3 3 8 3+ Infantry (Character) 2 Aposticators

WARGEAR:
    THE EXOSPECTRE
    • Chordclaw
    • Flamer
    • Mechadendrite hive
    • Abeyant
    • Mechanicum protectiva
    APOSTICATORS
    • Mechadendrite combat array
    • Meltagun
    • Servo-arm
    • Refractor field

WARLORD TRAIT:
    • Archaeotech Specialist

SPECIAL RULES:
    THE EXOSPECTRE
    • Arch-Heretek
    • Independent Character
    APOSTICATORS
    • Fear
    • Feel No Pain
    • Very Bulky

Baleful Dirge (Aposticator only): Enemy units charged by a unit containing at least one model with this special rule cannot fire Overwatch.

Unquestioning Guardians (Aposticator only): Whilst at least one Aposticator is still alive, resolve any wounds suffered by The Exospectre against the Aposicator closest to him instead. The Exospectre is permitted to join other units, in which case both The Exospectre and his Aposticators join the unit. If The Exospectre then leaves the unit, his Aposticators also leave the unit, forming a separate unit with him.

DARK ARCANA:
    THE EXOSPECTRE

Tachyon Arrow: Plundered from a Necron tomb; this intricate wrist-mounted energy caster, when activated, can transmutes a sliver of inert metal into an unstoppable thunderbolt capable of piercing the heart of a mountain, or instantly erasing a foe from existence.

Range
    S
    AP
    Type
    120"
    Assault 1, One Use Only

Warp-Render Cannon: A precision-crafted weapon of The Exospectre's own creation, this terrifying weapon allows its wielder to collapse an area of the material universe - an act invariably fatal for any caught nearby.

Range
    S
    AP
    Type
    18"
    D
    Heavy D3, Dispersed Event Horizon
    Dispersed Event Horizon: When rolling on the Destroyer Weapon Attack table, subtract 1 from the result of the D6 roll (to a minimum of 1). Furthermore, a weapon with this special rule is assumed to have a Strength of 4 for the purpose of determining if a hit has the Instant Death special rule.

Last edited by Fox Of 9; 23-10-2020 at 20:15.

The Furnace Lord/Illucis Grizvaldi

THE FURNACE LORD
    230Pts
    FURNACE LORD, MASTER OF HELL-FORGE SAMECH, COMMANDER OF THE CRIMSON FLEET

The Furnace Lord 4 5 4 5 3 3 4 10 2+ Infantry (Character) 1 (Unique)
    Heretek Servitor 3 3 4 5 1 3 1 6 5+ Infantry

WARGEAR:
    THE FURNACE LORD
    • Apostatic matrix
    • Archaeotech pistol
    • Augury scanner
    • Mechatendrils
    • Psychotroke grenades
    HERETEK SERVITOR
    • Close combat weapon

WARLORD TRAIT:
    • Death to the Servants of Mars

SPECIAL RULES:
    THE FURNACE LORD
    • Arch-Heretek
    • The Disciplines of Techno-Heresy (Empyric Engineer)
    • Independent Character
    HERETEK SERVITOR
    • Servitor Protocols

Forge-lord (The Furnace Lord only): A model with this special rule has the Master of Mechanisms and Unmatched Resources special rules.

Lord of Deceit and Manipulation (The Furnace Lord only): Enemy units within 12" of a model with this special rule must use their lowest Leadership value, not the highest. In addition, once per game, at the start of one of your opponent's turns, every enemy unit with one or more Independent Characters in it must take a Leadership test (units with the Fearless or And They Shall Know No Fear special rules are assumed to automatically pass this test). If the test is failed, each Independent Character in the unit suffers a Wound, with no cover saves allowed, for each point the test is failed by.

OPTIONS:
    THE FURNACE LORD
    • May take up to five Heretek Servitors..... 10pts each

HERETEK SERVITOR
    • Any Heretek Servitor may replace their close combat weapon with one of the following:
      - Heavy chainsword..... 2pts/model
      - Flamer..... 5pts/model
      - Maxima bolter..... 5pts/model
      - Servo-arm..... 5pts/model
      - Rotor cannon..... 10pts/model
      - Heavy bolter..... 15pts/model
      - Multi-melta..... 15pts/model
      - Ectoplasma cannon..... 20pts/model

DARK ARCANA:
    THE FURNACE LORD

Archaeotech Gem: The Furnace Lord and his most trusted personal agents are known to keep these strange archaeotech gems on their person, often displaying them as a badge of office or as a point of pride. While the origin of these gems is lost to time, each one projects a powerful energy field that acts as a ward against the weapons of the enemy.

The archaeotech gem confers the Furnace Lord a 4+ invulnerable save.

ILLUCIS GRIZVALDI
    185Pts
    SLAVER, DESTROYER OF IMPERIAL SOULS, TOOL OF THE ARCHENEMY

Illucis Grizvaldi 4 5 5 5 3 2 4 10 3+ Infantry (Character) 1 (Unique)

WARGEAR:
    • Macro-scalples
    • Needle pistol
    • Arc grenades
    • Infravisor
    • Refractor field

WARLORD TRAIT:
    • Masterwork Bionics

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Arch-Heretek
    • Independent Character

Obliviate Lord: Friendly units of Obliviates have the Crusader and Furious Charge special rules so long as one model in the unit is within 24" of Illucis Grizaldi.

Master of the Underhive: Before deployment, nominated up to D3 Infantry units in the same Detachment as Illucis Grizvaldi. Those units gain the Infiltrate special rule.

DARK ARCANA:

The Staff Of Illucis Grizvaldi: Illucis Grizaldi is rarely seen without his staff; a rod of black metal taller than the Arch-Heretek himself, from which a clutch of heavy metal cogs dangle, their chains chiming unharmoniously as he shuffles across the battlefield.

Range
    S
    AP
    Type
    -
    +2
    Melee, Concussive, Fleshbane, Two-handed

Last edited by Fox Of 9; 23-10-2020 at 20:13.

Ammicus Tole/Nomen Ryne

AMMICUS TOLE
    200Pts
    SAVANT, SORCERER, ARCH-HERETEK OF CYCLOPEA

Ammicus Tole 4 5 4 5 3 3 2 10 2+ Infantry (Character) 1 (Unique)

WARGEAR:
    • Daemonblade
    • Force stave
    • Prognosticaon
    • Rune of warding

WARLORD TRAIT:
    • Tech-witch

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Arch-Heretek
    • Independent Character
    • Psyker (Mastery Level 2)

PSYKER:
    Ammicus Tole generates his powers from the Daemonology (Malefic), Divination, Pyromancy and Telepathy disciplines.

DARK ARCANA:

The Tome of Ammicus Tole: This book, while largely consisting solely of Tole's own heretical ramblings, hides true Warp-rituals and working device-patterns; the knowledge gleaned from these aids Tole's efforts to bend the Warp to his will.

If Ammicus Tole suffers Perils of the Warp when attempting to manifest Malefic powers he can prevent it by immediately expending a Warp Charge point (if he has one).

NOMEN RYNE
    240Pts
    HERETEK-OMEGA, LORD OF FALSE-MEN AND MANIKINS, LEADER OF THE CHILDREN OF RYNE

Nomen Ryne 4 5 4 6 3 3 2 10 2+ Infantry (Character) 1 (Unique)

WARGEAR:
    • Photon gauntlet
    • Conversion field
    • Machinator array
    • Murder-cogitator
    • Rad grenades

WARLORD TRAIT:
    • Dread Rites

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Arch-Heretek
    • Independent Character

The False-men of Noman Ryne: If Nomen Ryne is removed as a casualty, roll a D6. On a 2+, choose another friendly Dark Mechanicum Infantry character with the Independent Character special rule (excluding unique models). Remove that model as a casualty and place Nomen Ryne in its place with D3 Wounds remaining. If that character was locked in combat, Nomen Ryne is now locked in that combat. If no such characters remain, or a 1 was rolled, remove Nomen Ryne as a casualty as normal.

DARK ARCANA:

Arc Talon: Relieved from the still-warm corpse of one of Nomen Ryne's many pursuers from the Cult of Sollex, this potent weapon of technobanishment - its Machine Spirt now bent to the Arch-Heretek's will - makes even the most well-prepared Magos or Inquisitor think twice before ordering their war machines to advance on a suspected den of the Children of Ryne.

Range
    S
    AP
    Type
    -
    User
    Melee, Haywire, Machine Scourge
    Machine Scourge: A model equipped with this weapon can re-roll the result when rolling to determine the effect of the Haywire special rule.

Last edited by Fox Of 9; 23-10-2020 at 20:17.

Decius Abraxas/Dark Energy Constructs/Magos Phayzarus

DECIUS ABRAXAS
    245Pts
    PILGRIM, XENOARCHAEOLOGIST, HOARDER OF BLASPHEMOUS CONSTRUCTS

Decius Abraxas 4 5 4 5 3 3 2 10 2+ Infantry (Character) 1 (Unique)

WARGEAR:
    • Force Axe
    • Servo-arm
    • Digital weapons
    • Spell familiar

WARLORD TRAIT:
    • Tech-witch

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Arch-Heretek
    • Independent Character
    • Psyker (Mastery Level 2)

Dark Energy Constructs: If Decius Abraxas is included in a Detachment, the Detachment can include a unit of Dark Energy Constructs. They do not take up a Force Organisation slot and do not qualify as a mandatory HQ selection.

PSYKER:
    Decius Abraxus generates his powers from the Divination, Technomancy, Telekinesis and Telepathy disciplines.

DARK ARCANA:

Crown of Wonders: One of numerous Yu'Vath relics in Decius Abraxas' possession, this circlet of black, flexible material, steeped with psy-power and ornamented with curling projections on the outer surface amplifies his already potent psychic might.

Each time Decius Abraxus attempts to manifest a psychic power, he can choose whether or not to activate the Crown of Wonders. If he does so, he will harness Warp Charge points on a 2+ rather than a 4+ but will suffer Perils of the Warp on a Psychic test that includes any double, whether the Psychic test was successful or not.

The Panoply of Decius Abraxas: For more than a century, Abraxas has explored the Expanse, amassing a hoard of xenotechnology, and integrating these proscribed alien artefacts into his own body and fusing the machine-spirits of his holy augmetics with these profane xenos devices.

The Panoply of Decius Abraxas confers a 4+ invulnerable save. In addition, in each of your Shooting phases, you must choose what weapon Decius Abraxus will fire from the following list:

• Bright lance
    • Ether blaster
    • Heat lance
    • Immaterium energy-arc
    • Transdimensional beamer
    • Void-skein pistol

Decius Abraxas cannot choose to fire the same weapon in two of your consecutive Shooting phases.

Weapon
    Range
    S
    AP
    Type
    Bright lance
    36"
    Heavy 1, Lance
    Heat lance
    18"
    Assault 1, Lance, Melta
    Transdimensional beamer
    12"
    Heavy 1, Exile Ray
    Exile Ray: When firing a weapon with this special rule, a To Wound roll of a 6 wounds automatically, regardless of the target’s Toughness, and the Wound has the Instant Death special rule. Against vehicles and buildings, an Armour Penetration roll of a 6 causes a penetrating hit, regardless of the target’s Armour Value.

DARK ENERGY CONSTRUCTS
    SEE BELOW
    GUARDIANS OF THE DEAD, STEALERS OF THOUGHTS, WAVES OF DEATH

Bone Conqueror 3 3 3 3 1 2 2 5 5+ Infantry See Below
    Crystalwisp 1 5 2 3 1 2 1 5 - Jet Pack Infantry
    Sandslime 5 0 5 5 3 2 D6 5 3+ Infantry

WARGEAR:
    BONE CONQUEROR
    • Warp blast
    CRYSTALWISP
    • Energy lash

SPECIAL RULES:
    BONE CONQUEROR
    • Daemon
    • Feel No Pain
    CRYSTALWISP
    • Daemon
    SANDSLIME
    • Daemon
    • It Will Not Die
    • Random Attacks

Cloud of Corpses (Bone Conqueror only): If a unit containing one or models with this special rule defeats a unit in close combat, either destroying it outright or forcing it to flee, it may add D3 Bone Conquerors to the unit after it has consolidated – this may bring the unit above its starting unit Strength. If no appropriate models are available to be placed on the table, then no additional Bone Conquerors are added to the unit.

Sandslime Toxins (Sandslime only): The close combat attacks of a model with this special rule have the Poisoned special rule. In addition, when a model suffers one or more unsaved Wounds from the model's close combat attacks, it must pass a separate Toughness test for each Wound suffered or be removed from play.

OPTIONS:
    • A Dark Energy Constructs unit consists of between 1 to 9 of the following models, chosen in any combination:
      - Bone conqueror..... 10pts/model
      - Crystalwisp..... 15pts/model
      - Sandslime..... 60pts/model

MAGOS PHAYZARUS
    170Pts
    THE PERJURER, FORMER SCION OF FORGE DIMERIS, HUNTER OF ANGELS

Magos Phayzarus 4 5 5 4 2 4 2 10 3+ Infantry (Character) 1 (Unique)

WARGEAR:
    • Conversion beamer
    • Infoslave skull
    • Infravisor
    • Refractor field

WARLORD TRAIT:
    • Dread Rites

SPECIAL RULES:
    • The Disciplines of Techno-Heresy (Gene-sculptor)
    • Heretek
    • Independent Character
    • Relentless

Adeptus Astartes Anthema: Space Marines have the Hatred (Magos Phayzarus) special rule.

Hunter of Angels: Magos Phayzarus has the Preferred Enemy (Space Marines) special rule.

Teleportation Net: Once per game, at the start of any friendly Movement phase, you can declare that Magos Phayzarus is activating his teleportation net. Magos Phayzarus is removed from play, even if he is locked in combat, and placed into Ongoing Reserve. He will automatically arrive at the start of your next turn, using the rules for Deep Strike.

DARK ARCANA:

Energised Talons: This bulky and somewhat crude weapon of Phayzarus' own design takes the form of something similar to a large lightning claw with a thumb blade and is powered by a heavily-modified energy field emitter that hums with barely restrained power.

Range
    S
    AP
    Type
    -
    x2
    Melee, Shred, Unwieldy

Improvised Reductor: This makeshift surgical implement allows Phayzarus to punch through Space Marine power armour quickly and cleanly, and can do much the same to the skull of a rampaging Ork Warboss if one gets too close for Phayzarus' liking.

In close combat, Magos Phayzarus makes an additional Strength 4 AP3 attack at the Initiative 4 step. This does not grant him an additional Pile In move.

DESIGNER'S NOTE
    Some of Magos Phayzarus' rules refer to 'Space Marines'. In the context of these rules, the category 'Space Marines' encompasses all units taken from the following codices: Angels Of Vengeance, Blood Angels, Chaos Space Marines, Dark Angels, Deathwatch, Grey Knights, Space Marines and Space Wolves.

Last edited by Fox Of 9; 23-10-2020 at 20:19.

Magos Vathek/Cyrrik Scayl

MAGOS VATHEK
    150Pts
    PUPPET MASTER, THE UNDYING

Magos Vathek 4 4 4 4 2 2 3 9 3+ Infantry (Character) 1 (Unique)

WARGEAR:
    MAGOS VATHEK
    • Macro-scalpels
    • Prehensile dataspike
    • Servo-arm
    • Refractor field
    HERETEK SERVITOR
    • Close combat weapon

WARLORD TRAIT:
    • Master Chirurgeon

SPECIAL RULES:
    MAGOS VATHEK
    • Battlesmith
    • The Disciplines of Techno-Heresy (Gene-sculptor)
    • Heretek
    • Move Through Cover
    HERETEK SERVITOR
    • Servitor Protocols

OPTIONS:
    MAGOS VATHEK
    • May take up to ten Heretek Servitors..... 10pts each

HERETEK SERVITOR
    • Any Heretek Servitor may replace their close combat weapon with one of the following:
      - Flamer..... 5pts/model
    • Up to five Heretek Servitors may instead replace their close combat weapon with one of the following:

DARK ARCANA:
    MAGOS VATHEK

Plasma Torch: A common tool utilised by Imperial engineers and Tech-priests, and capable of cutting through adamantine plating that is up to 20 centimetres thick in a standard minute. Plasma torches can also be fired as a weapon in a similar way to a plasma pistol, albeit at a shorter range; many a foe who has come too close has been struck by a bolt of superheated plasma from a plasma torch.

Range
    S
    AP
    Type
    6"
    Assault 1, Gets Hot

Ripper Autopistol: The Ripper is a weapon outlawed by Arbities edict on several worlds, in spite of - or more likely because of - its popularity with the criminal underclass. Also known as the ‘poor-man’s storm bolter,’ it is actually two autopistol’s attached to the wearer’s wrist, belt-fed to a small ammo pack worn on the hip or back.

Range
    S
    AP
    Type
    12"
    -
    Assault 2, Poisoned (5+)

Sarcosan Wave Generator: Vathek has installed this strange and blasphemous techno-arcana directly into his torso. It emits a strange aura - and generates a strange and unnerving moaning sound - that keeps his necrotic tissue in some ghastly parody of unlife.

The Sarcosan Wave Generator grants Vathek the Fear and It Will Not Die special rules.

In addition, when a Vathek or a model in his unit suffers an unsaved Wound, it can make a special Sarcosan Wave Generator roll to avoid being wounded. This is not a saving throw and so can be used against attacks that state 'no saves of any kind are allowed'. Sarcosan Wave Generator rolls may even be taken against hits with the Instant Death special rule, but cannot be used against hits from Destroyer Weapons or any special rule or attack that states the model is 'removed from play'.

Roll a D6 each time Vathek or a model in his unit suffers an unsaved Wound, subtracting 1 from the result if the hit that inflicted the Wound has the Instant Death special rule. On a 5+, discount the unsaved Wound - treat is as having been saved.

Vathek and models in the same unit as him with the Feel No Pain special rule can choose to use either that special rule or the Sarcosan Wave Generator roll to avoid the Wound, but not both. Choose which of the two you will use each time a model suffers an unsaved Wound.

CYRRIK SCAYL
    165Pts
    MASTER SEVENSINS, FOLLOWER OF NOMEN RYNE

Cyrrik Scayl 3 4 4 4 2 3 2 9 2+ Infantry (Character) 1 (Unique)

WARGEAR:
    • Chordclaw
    • Neurotoxin injector
    • Arc grenades
    • Empyrean brain mines
    • Psychotroke grenades
    • Refractor field

WARLORD TRAIT:
    • Masterwork Bionics

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Heretek
    • Independent Character

Biotransference Experiments: One unit of Cataphract War-droids in the same army as Cyrrik Scayl can be nominated as having undergone Biotransference Experiments. That unit has the Brotherhood of Psykers (Mastery Level 1) special rule, and generate their powers from the Divination, Pyromancy, Technomancy and Telepathy disciplines.

DARK ARCANA:

Brain of a Gamma Grade Psyker: A by-product of Cyrrik Scayl's experiments. This still-living psyker brain set within a glass jar and goaded by neuro-implants allows Scayl to display abilities similar to an Imperial Psyker or Heretic Sorcerer, although the form these abilities manifest can be somewhat unpredictable...

The Brain of a Gamma Grade Psyker confers Cyrrik Scayl the Psyker (Mastery Level 1) special rule. However, he does not generate his psychic powers as normal Psyker would. Instead, at the beginning of each of his Psychic phases, he must roll a D6 and consult the table below to see which discipline his psychic power is from. Then, randomly generate a power from that discipline, as if you were rolling for a Mastery Level 1 Psyker with the exception that you cannot swap to the Primaris Power. Scayl will know that psychic power until the beginning of his next Psychic phase.

D6 Psychic Discipline
    1 Biomancy
    2 Divination
    3 Pyromancy
    4 Technomancy
    5 Telekinesis
    6 Telepathy

Last edited by Fox Of 9; 23-10-2020 at 20:19.

Arch-Heretek/Heretek/The Disciplines Of Techno-Heresy

ARCH-HERETEK
    65Pts + Cost Of Discipline Of Techno-Heresy

Arch-Heretek 4 5 4 5 3 3 2 10 2+ Infantry (Character) 1 Arch-Heretek

WARGEAR:
    ARCH-HERETEK
    • Bolt pistol
    • Close combat weapon
    • Servo-arm
    HERETEK SERVITOR
    • Close combat weapon

SPECIAL RULES:
    ARCH-HERETEK
    • Arch-Heretek
    • The Disciplines of Techno-Heresy
    • Independent Character
    HERETEK SERVITOR
    • Servitor Protocols

OPTIONS:
    ARCH-HERETEK
    • An Arch-Heretek may replace their bolt pistol and/or close combat weapon with one of the following:
      - Arc pistol..... 10pts
      - Archaeotech pistol..... 20pts
      - Gamma pistol..... 20pts
    • An Arch-Heretek may replace their servo-arm with a jet pack..... 15pts
    • An Arch-Heretek may take one of the following:
      - Mechadendrite harness..... 20pts
      - Mechadendrite hive..... 25pts
    • An Arch-Heretek may take up to five Heretek Servitors..... 10pts each
    • An Arch-Heretek may take up to four Cyber-occularis..... 15pts each

HERETEK SERVITOR
      - Flamer..... 5pts/model

HERETEK
    30Pts + Cost Of Discipline Of Techno-Heresy

Heretek 3 4 4 4 2 3 2 9 3+ Infantry (Character) 1 Heretek

WARGEAR:
    HERETEK
    • Bolt pistol
    • Close combat weapon
    • Servo-arm
    HERETEK SERVITOR
    • Close combat weapon

SPECIAL RULES:
    HERETEK
    • The Disciplines of Techno-Heresy
    • Heretek
    • Independent Character
    HERETEK SERVITOR
    • Servitor Protocols

OPTIONS:
    HERETEK
    • A Heretek may replace their bolt pistol and/or close combat weapon with one of the following:
      - Arc pistol..... 10pts
    • A Heretek may take a mechadendrite harness..... 20pts
    • A Heretek may take up to five Heretek Servitors..... 10pts each
    • A Heretek may take up to four Cyber-occularis..... 15pts each

HERETEK SERVITOR
      - Flamer..... 5pts/model

THE DISCIPLINES OF TECHNO-HERESY

The Arch-Heretek/Heretek must take one of the following Disciplines of Techno-Heresy at the points cost listed. Only one selection can be made per Arch-Heretek/Heretek. If your army contains more than one Arch-Heretek or Heretek, each Arch-Heretek or Heretek must possess a different Discipline of Techno-Heresy from this list. Note that this does not mean an Arch-Heretek and a Heretek cannot share the same Discipline of Techno-Heresy.
    CYBERTHEURGIST ............................................... +30 POINTS

A Cybertheurgist is equipped with a cortex controller and has the Cybertheurgy, Battlesmith and Patris Cybernetica special rules.

OPTIONS:
    • A Cybertheurgist may take up to one of each of the following:
      - Arc grenades..... 5pts
      - Melta bombs..... 5pts
      - Cyber-familiar..... 15pts
      - Rad grenades..... 15pts
      - Murder-cogitator..... 25pts
      - Abeyant..... 35pts
    • A Cybertheurgist may replace their servo-arm with one of the following:
      - Conversion beamer..... 20pts
      - Graviton imploder..... 20pts
      - Machinator array..... 35pts
    • A Cybertheurgist may take items from the Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Special Issue Wargear and/or Dark Arcana of the Cybertheurgists lists.
    • A Cybertheurgist may take up to one item from the Special Weapons list.
    EMPYRIC ENGINEER .......................................... +15 POINTS

An Empyric Engineer has the Magi Malifica special rule.

OPTIONS:
    • An Empyric Engineer may replace their bolt pistol and/or close combat weapon with one of the following:
      - Void-skein pistol..... 5pts
      - Daemonblade..... 15pts
      - Hellrifle..... 15pts
      - Apostatic matrix..... 20pts
      - Hrud fusil..... 20pts
      - Empyric conduit blade..... 25pts
      - Kai gun..... 30pts
    • An Empyric Engineer may take up to one of each of the following:
      - Melta bombs..... 5pts
      - Empyrean brain mines..... 10pts
      - Cortex controller..... 15pts
      - Spell familiar..... 15pts
      - Prognosticaon..... 20pts
      - Immateria ward..... 25pts
      - Psyocculum..... 25pts
    • An Empyric Engineer may replace their servo-arm with a callophean psy-engine..... 20pts
    • An Empyric Engineer may take items from the Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Special Issue Wargear, Immateria Runes and/or Dark Arcana of the Empyric Engineers lists.
    • An Empyric Engineer may take up to one of the following:
      - One item from the Special Weapons list.
      - Immaterium energy-arc..... 20pts
    • An Empyric Engineer may take up to 3 Mastery Levels*..... 25pts/level
      *An Empyric Engineer with a Mastery Level has the Psyker special rule. A Heretek may only take up to two Mastery Levels.
    • An Empric Enginer with a Mastery Level may replace their bolt pistol or close combat weapon with a force weapon..... 5pts
    • An Empric Enginer with a Mastery Level may take up to one of each of the following:
      - Null-amp collar..... 15pts
      - Sacrificial innervation..... 20pts
      - Aetherkine projector..... 25pts

PSYKER:
    • Some Empyric Engineers are Psykers. If this upgrade is take, they generate their powers from the Daemonology, Divination, Technomancy and Telepathy disciplines.
    FORGE MASTER (ARCH-HERETEK ONLY) ......... +45 POINTS

A Forge Master has the Battlesmith, High Enginseer, Master Fabricator and Unmatched Resources special rules.

OPTIONS:
    • A Forge Master may replace their bolt pistol and/or close combat weapon with one of the following:
      - Ether blaster..... 10pts
      - Hrud fusil..... 20pts
      - Atomic disassembler..... 25pts
      - Fra'al glass knife..... 30pts
      - Necrotic sceptre..... 35pts
      - Necrotic lance..... 40pts
    • A Forge Master may take up to one of each of the following:
      - Arc grenades..... 5pts
      - Melta bombs.....5pts
      - Ulumeathi plasma syphon..... 10pts
      - Djinn-skein..... 25pts
      - Murder-cogitator..... 25pts
      - Abeyant..... 35pts
    • A Forge Master may take up to three Phosphex bombs..... 10pts each
    • A Forge Master may replace their servo-arm with one of the following:
      - Conversion beamer..... 20pts
      - Gravition imploder..... 20pts
      - Machinator array..... 35pts
    • If neither a conversion beamer, gravition imploder nor machinator array is taken, a Forge Master may instead take a rad-furnace..... 30pts
    • A Forge Master may take items from the Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Special Issue Wargear and/or Dark Arcana of the Forge Masters lists.
    • A Forge Master may do one of the following:
      - Take up to two items from the Special Weapons list.
      - Take up to one item from both the Special Weapons and/or Heavy Weapons lists.
    GENE-SCULPTOR ............................................... +15 POINTS

A Gene-sculptor is equipped with surgical tools.

OPTIONS:
    • A Gene-sculptor may replace their bolt pistol and/or close combat weapon with one of the following:
      - Neurotoxin injector..... 10pts
      - Toxin gauntlet..... 10pts
      ○ May also take fear toxin..... 5pts
      ○ May also take psi-reactive toxin..... 5pts
      - Needle pistol..... 15pts
    • A Gene-sculptor may take up to one of each of the following:
      - Melta bombs..... 5pts
      - Vore-weapons..... 5pts
      - Acid blood..... 15pts
      - Psychotroke grenades..... 15pts
      - Spell familiar..... 15pts
      - Malygrisian bioforging..... 20pts
      - Brood horror mount..... 60pts
    • A Gene-sculptor may take items from the Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Special Issue Wargear, Transgenic Grafts and Mutations and/or Dark Arcana of the Gene-sculptors lists.
    • A Gene-sculptor may take up to one item from the Special Weapons list.
    • A Gene-sculptor may take up to 30 points of Mutations, in any combination:
      - Lesser Mutations..... 10pts each
      - Greater Mutations..... 20pts each
      - Exalted Mutations..... 30pts each
    • A Gene-sculptor may take up to 2 Mastery Levels*..... 25pts/level
      *A Gene-sculptor with a Mastery Level has the Psyker special rule. A Heretek may only take up to 1 Mastery Level.
    • A Gene-sculptor with a Mastery Level may replace their bolt pistol or close combat weapon with a force weapon..... 5pts

PSYKER:
    • Some Gene-sculptors are Psykers. If this upgrade is take, they generate their powers from the Biomancy, Pyromancy, Telekinesis and Telepathy disciplines.
    WARPSMITH (HERETEK ONLY) ........................... +20 POINTS

A Warpsmith has the Master of Mechanisms and Shatter Defences special rules.

OPTIONS:
    • A Warpsmith may take up to one of each of the following:
      - Melta bombs..... 5pts
    • A Warpsmith may replace their servo-arm with mechatendrils..... 25pts
    • A Warpsmith may take items from the Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Special Issue Wargear and/or Immateria Runes lists.

Last edited by Fox Of 9; 30-10-2020 at 13:46.

Dark Mechanicum Hypaspists/Dark Mechanicum Tribunes/Dark Mechanicum Slaves

TROOPS

DARK MECHANICUM HYPASPISTS
    50Pts

Heretek Hypaspist 3 4 3 3 1 3 1 8 4+ Infantry 4 Heretek Hypaspists
    Hypaspist Alpha 3 4 3 3 2 3 2 9 4+ Infantry (Character) 1 Hypaspist Alpha
    Malformed Herakli 3 3 5 5 3 2 3 7 4+ Infantry

WARGEAR:
    HERETEK HYPASPIST
    • Dark Mechanicum carbine
    • Hypaspist war plate
    HYPASPIST ALPHA
    • Close combat weapon
    • Dark Mechanicum pistol
    • Hypaspist war plate
    HERETEK SERVITOR
    • Close combat weapon

SPECIAL RULES:
    HERETEK HYPASPIST
    • Feel No Pain (6+)
    • Relentless
    HYPASPIST ALPHA
    • Feel No Pain (6+)
    • Relentless
    HERETEK SERVITOR
    • Servitor Protocols
    MALFORMED HERAKLI
    • Hammer of Wrath
    • Very Bulky

Brute Strength (Malformed Herakli only): A model with this special rule can shoot with Heavy weapons, counting as stationary, when firing in the Shooting phase at targets up to half their weapon's usual maximum range, even if they moved in the previous Movement phase. They are also allowed to charge in the same turn they fire Heavy weapons.

OPTIONS:
    • May include up to five additional Heretek Hypaspists..... 8pts/model
    • The Hypaspist Alpha may take items from the Ranged Weapons, Melee Weapons and/or Special Issue Wargear lists.
    • The Hypaspist Alpha may take up to two Heretek Servitors..... 10pts/model
    • Up to two Heretek Hypaspists may replace their Dark Mechanicum carbine with one item from the Special Weapons list.
    • If the unit includes nine Heretek Hypaspists, one additional Heretek Hypaspist may replace their Dark Mechanicum carbine with one item from the Special Weapons list.
      - Flamer..... 5pts/model
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Cybertheurgist Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Heretek Hypaspists and Hypaspist Alpha in the unit can all be upgraded with any of the following:
      - Aggression amplifiers..... 10pts
      - Neural blockers..... 15pts
      - Neural fortifiers..... 10pts
      - Occular augmetics..... 15pts
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Empyric Engineer Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Heretek Hypaspists and Hypaspist Alpha in the unit can all purchase one of the following Immateria Runes:
      - Rune of alacrity..... 1pt/model
      - Rune of eternity..... 1pts/model
      - Rune of warding..... 2pts/model
      - Rune of wrath..... 2pts/model
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as a model with the Forge Master Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then one Heretek Hypaspist may carry one of the following:
      - Grav-wave generator..... 10pts
      - Advanced targeting-augur..... 20pts
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Gene-sculptor Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the unit may include up to one Malformed Herakli..... 35pts
    • A Malformed Herakli must take one of the following:
      - Multi-laser..... 5pts
      - Autocannon..... 10pts
      - Heavy bolter..... 10pts
      - Heavy flamer..... 10pts
      - Lascannon..... 20pts
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Gene-sculptor Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Hypaspist Alpha may take up to 20 points of Mutations, in any combination:
      - Lessar Mutations..... 10pts each
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Gene-sculptor Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Heretek Hypaspists and Hypaspist Alpha in the unit can all be upgraded to have:
      - The Curse of Mutation special rule..... 15pts
    • May select a Dark Mechanicum Centaurus Duneraider or Dark Mechanicum Triaros Armoured Conveyer as a Dedicated Transport.

DARK MECHANICUM TRIBUNES
    70Pts

Heretek Tribune 3 4 3 3 1 3 1 8 4+ Infantry 4 Heretek Hypaspists
    Tribune Alpha 3 4 3 3 2 3 2 9 4+ Infantry (Character) 1 Tribune Alpha
    Malformed Herakli 3 3 5 5 3 2 3 7 4+ Infantry

WARGEAR:
    HERETEK TRIBUNE
    • Dark Mechanicum rifle
    • Tribune battle armour
    TRIBUNE ALPHA
    • Close combat weapon
    • Dark Mechanicum pistol
    • Tribune battle armour
    HERETEK SERVITOR
    • Close combat weapon

SPECIAL RULES:
    HERETEK TRIBUNE
    • Feel No Pain (6+)
    • Relentless
    TRIBUNE ALPHA
    • Feel No Pain (6+)
    • Relentless
    HERETEK SERVITOR
    • Servitor Protocols
    MALFORMED HERAKLI
    • Hammer of Wrath
    • Very Bulky

Brute Strength (Malformed Herakli only): A model with this special rule can shoot with Heavy weapons, counting as stationary, when firing in the Shooting phase at targets up to half their weapon's usual maximum range, even if they moved in the previous Movement phase. They are also allowed to charge in the same turn they fire Heavy weapons.

OPTIONS:
    • May include up to five additional Heretek Tribunes..... 12pts/model
    • The Tribune Alpha may take items from the Ranged Weapons, Melee Weapons and/or Special Issue Wargear lists.
    • The Tribune Alpha may take up to two Heretek Servitors..... 10pts/model
    • Up to two Heretek Tribunes may replace their Dark Mechanicum rifle with one item from the Special Weapons list.
    • If the unit includes nine Heretek Tribunes, one additional Heretek Tribune may replace their Dark Mechanicum rifle with one item from the Special Weapons list.
      - Flamer..... 5pts/model
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Cybertheurgist Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Heretek Tribunes and Tribune Alpha in the unit can all be upgraded with any of the following:
      - Aggression amplifiers..... 10pts
      - Neural blockers..... 15pts
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Empyric Engineer Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Heretek Tribunes and Tribune Alpha in the unit can all purchase one of the following Immateria Runes:
      - Rune of eternity..... 2pts/model
      - Rune of warding..... 3pts/model
      - Rune of wrath..... 2pts/model
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as a model with the Forge Master Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then one Heretek Tribune may carry one of the following:
      - Grav-wave generator..... 10pts
      - Advanced targeting-augur..... 20pts
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Gene-sculptor Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the unit may include up to one Malformed Herakli..... 35pts
    • A Malformed Herakli must take one of the following:
      - Multi-laser..... 5pts
      - Autocannon..... 10pts
      - Heavy bolter..... 10pts
      - Heavy flamer..... 10pts
      - Lascannon..... 20pts
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Gene-sculptor Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Tribune Alpha may take up to 20 points of Mutations, in any combination:
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Gene-sculptor Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Heretek Hypaspists and Hypaspist Alpha in the unit can all be upgraded to have:
      - The Curse of Mutation special rule..... 15pts
    • May select a Dark Mechanicum Centaurus Duneraider or Dark Mechanicum Triaros Armoured Conveyer as a Dedicated Transport.

DARK MECHANICUM SLAVES
    55Pts

Slave 2 2 3 3 1 3 1 4 - Infantry 20 Slaves
    Slave Master 4 4 3 3 2 3 3 8 5+ Infantry (Character) 1 Slave Master
    Abandoned Experiment 3 2 4 3 1 3 D6 6 - Infantry

WARGEAR:
    SLAVE
    • Close combat weapon
    SLAVE MASTER
    • Bolt pistol
    • Taser goad
    • Flak armour
    ABANDONED EXPERIMENT
    • Close combat weapon

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Curse of Mutation (Abandoned Experiment only)
    • Fear (Abandoned Experiment only)
    • Random Attacks (Abandoned Experiment only)
    • Stubborn (Slave Master only)

Disposable: The opposing player never gains Victory points for specifically destroying this unit in missions where this is relevant. This includes for secondary objectives such as First Blood. In addition, units of Dark Mechanicum Slaves never count as scoring units, and can never be joined by a character with the Independent Character special rule.

Loyalty Through Fear (Slave Master only): If the Slave Master's unit fails a Morale check, Pinning test or Fear test, after any re-rolls it is entitled to, the owning player can opt to have his Slave Master instil discipline in the unit. If he does so, the unit immediately suffers D6 S5 AP- hits with the Ignores Cover special rule. These Wounds cannot be allocated to the Slave Master himself. After all casualties of this action are removed, the unit is then treated as having passed the test.

OPTIONS:
    • May include up to thirty additional Slaves..... 1pt/model
    • The Slave Master may exchange his bolt pistol for one of the following:
      - Ectoplasma pistol..... 15pts
      - Power weapon..... 15pts
      - Power fist..... 25pts
    • The Slave Master may take up to one of each of the following:
      - Carapace armour..... 5pts
      - Melta bombs..... 5pts
    • All Slaves in the unit may take one of the following:
      - Autopistol..... 1pt/model
      - Autogun..... 2pts/model
      - Las-lock..... 2pts/model
      - Mitralock..... 2pts/model
    • All Slaves in the unit may take any of the following:
      - Induction chargers..... 1pt/model
      - Sub-flak armour..... 1pt/model
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Gene-sculptor Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the unit may include up to five Abandoned Experiments..... 15pts
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Gene-sculptor Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Slave Master may take up to 20 points of Mutations, in any combination:
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Gene-sculptor Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Slaves in the unit can all be upgraded with any of the following:
      - The Rite of Pure Thought..... 1pt/model
      - Revenant Alchemistry..... 2pts/model

The Rite of Pure Thought: These slaves of the Dark Mechanicum have been forced to undergone massive cranial surgery to destroy the emotional and instinctual response centres of their brains.

A model with The Rite of Pure Thought has the Fearless special rule but can no longer make Sweeping Advances or fire Overwatch.

Revenant Alchemistry: Even before the Horus Heresy, certain Forge Worlds, particularly those far from the direct oversight of Mars, were commonly held to contain elements which practised forbidden arts of the Dark Age of Technology. Now, ten-thousand years later, many a Heretek has been known to field throngs of slaves and thralls animated from the battlefield dead using such terrible and prohibited knowledge.

A model with Revenant Alchemistry has the Hatred, Feel No Pain and Slow and Purposeful special rules.

Last edited by Fox Of 9; 24-10-2020 at 11:01.

Obliviates/Stitchlings/Warmonger Battle-automata Maniple

OBLIVIATES
    (0-1 Per Detachment unless selected as part of a Detachment that contains a model with the Cybertheurgist Discipline of Techno-Heresy)
    70Pts

Obliviate 3 3 3 3 1 3 2 8 4+ Infantry 10 Obliviates

WARGEAR:
    • Two close combat weapons

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Fleet

Oblivion Volitor: A unit with this special rule cannot be joined by a model without this special rule. So long as a model from this unit is within 24" of a model from the same Detachment that is equipped with a cortex controller all models in this unit have the Fearless special rule. If no such model is within this range, the controlling player must make a Leadership test for the unit at the start of their Movement phase unless they are; engaged in combat, falling back, have gone to ground or arrived from reserve this turn. If the test is passed, the unit acts normally this turn. If the test is failed, the unit gains the Rage special rule, and the following restrictions are placed on the unit's use in that game turn.

• Irrational Feedback Loop: The unit must always make Sweeping Advance moves if they are able to and may not voluntarily Go to Ground.
    • Stalk: In the Shooting phase, the unit cannot Run.
    • Kill: In the Assault phase, if the unit is able to declare a charge it must do so against the closest viable enemy unit. If the unit cannot declare a charge, it does nothing in the Assault phase.

OPTIONS:
    • May include up to fifteen additional Obliviates..... 7pts/model
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Cybertheurgist Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the unit can be upgraded with any of the following:
      - Aggression amplifiers..... 15pts
      - Neural blockers..... 20pts

STITCHLINGS
    (0-1 Per Detachment unless selected as part of a Detachment that contains a model with the Gene-sculptor Discipline of Techno-Heresy)
    60Pts

Stitchling Swarm 2 2 3 3 4 2 4 5 - Infantry 3 Stitchling Swarms

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Fearless
    • Poisoned
    • Swarms

Surge: When a model with this special rule makes its close combat attacks, it can choose to instead make a single Surge attack using the profile below:

Range
    S
    AP
    Type
    -
    -
    Melee, Haywire, Jammed!
    Jammed!: When performing a Surge attack, models must roll To Hit in close combat even if they would normally hit automatically. For each To Hit roll of 1 or 2, the unit suffers a single Wound with no saves of any kind allowed. These Wounds cannot be allocated to models without the Surge special rule.

OPTIONS:
    • May include up to six additional Stitchling Swarms..... 20pts/base

WARMONGER BATTLE-AUTOMATA MANIPLE
    110Pts

Warmonger 3 4 6 7 4 3 2 7 3+ Monstrous Creature 1 Warmonger Battle-automata

WARGEAR:
    • Two combi-bolters
    • Two shock chargers
    • Atomantic shielding

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Cybernetic Cortex
    • Rage
    • Reactor Blast

OPTIONS:
    • The Maniple may include up to four additional Warmonger Battle-automata..... 105pts/model
    • All Warmonger Battle-automata in the Maniple may take any of the following:
      - Searchlight..... 1pt/model
      - Frag grenades..... 5pts/model
      - Infravisor..... 5pts/model
      - Enhanced targeting arrays..... 15pts/model
    • Any model may take one item from the Battle-automata Heavy Weapons list.
    • Any model may replace any shock charger with one of the following:
      - Battle-automata power blade..... 5pts each
      - Power fist..... 15pts each
    • Any model may replace any combi-bolter with one of the following:
      - Flamer..... 5pts each
      - Meltagun..... 10pts each
    • If the Maniple is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Cybertheurgist Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Maniple can be upgraded with any of the following:
      - Aggression amplifiers..... 25pts
      - Occular augmetics..... 30pts
    • If the Maniple is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Empyric Engineer Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Maniple can purchase one of the following Immateria Runes:
      - Rune of alacrity..... 10pts/model
      - Rune of eternity..... 15pts/model
      - Rune of warding..... 15pts/model
      - Rune of wrath..... 10pts/model

SPECIAL OPTION:
    • A single Maniple in a Detachment, comprised solely of a single Battle-automata/Siege-automata (of any type), may be given:
      - The Paragon of Metal special rule..... 35pts

Last edited by Fox Of 9; 19-10-2020 at 21:35.

Heretek's Retinue/Stitched Horrors/Negavolt Cultists

ELITES

HERETEK'S RETINUE
    20Pts

Heretek Acolyte 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 8 5+ Infantry 5 Heretek Acolytes
    Alpha Chimeric 4 0 4 4 1 5 3 6 - Beast
    Daemonhost 3 3 4 4 1 3 1 8 - Infantry
    Dark Adept 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 8 3+ Infantry (Character)
    Gholam 4 3 5 5 3 3 4 7 - Infantry
    Goleph 5 3 4 3 1 6 2 8 5+ Infantry
    Heretek Acolyte 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 8 5+ Infantry
    Maletek Stalker 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 8 4+ Infantry (Character)
    Schismatical 2 2 3 3 3 2 * 5 6+ Beast
    Slinnar War Machine 3 4 4 4 2 2 3 8 3+ Infantry

WARGEAR:
    DAEMONHOST
    • Close combat weapon
    DARK ADEPT
    • Bolt pistol
    • Close combat weapon
    GHOLAM
    • Close combat weapon
    • Scavenged maul
    GOLEPH
    • Two power swords
    HERETEK ACOLYTE
    • Bolt pistol
    • Close combat weapon
    • Flak armour
    MALETEK STALKER
    • Combi-bolter
    • Power weapon
    SLINNAR WAR MACHINE
    • Intergrated plasma cannon
    • Plasma scythe

SPECIAL RULES:
    ALPHA CHIMERIC
    • Acute Senses
    • Infiltrate
    • Night Vision
    • Stealth
    GHOLAM
    • Fear
    • Fearless
    • Hammer of Wrath
    • Rage
    • Very Bulky
    MALETEK STALKER
    • Crusader
    • Daemon
    • Feel No Pain (6+)
    • Preferred Enemy (Characters)
    SCHISMATICAL
    • Fearless
    • Swarms
    SLINNAR WAR MACHINE
    • Fearless

Corrupting Touch (Schismatical only): If a model has this special rule, or is attacking with a Melee weapon that has this special rule, a To Wound roll of a 6 Wounds automatically, regardless of the target’s Toughness. Against vehicles and buildings, an Armour Penetration roll of 6 that does not cause a penetrating hit automatically causes a glancing hit.

Daemonic Power (Daemonhost only): Roll a D6 at the start of each friendly turn for each unit that contains one or more Daemonhosts to determine which ability all the Daemonhosts in that unit manifest this turn. Unless otherwise stated, each manifestation lasts until the start of your next turn.

D6
    Result
    Re-knit Host Form: The Daemonhosts have the Feel No Pain special rule.
    Warp Grasp: In the Assault phase, each Daemonhost can attack using the following profile:

Range
    S
    AP
    Type
    -
    User
    Melee
    Daemonic Speed: The Daemonhosts gain the Fleet special rule, and their Initiative increases to 10.
    Warp Strength: The Daemonhosts’ Strength characteristic increases to 6.
    Energy Torrent: In the Shooting phase, each Daemonhost can make a shooting attack with the following profile:

Range
    S
    AP
    Type
    24"
    Assault 1, Blast
    Unholy Gaze: In the Shooting phase, each Daemonhost can make a shooting attack with the following profile:

Range
    S
    AP
    Type
    24"
    Assault 1

Ebbing Will (Slinnar War Machine only): An unengaged unit that contains at least one model with this special rule must roll a D6 at the start of its turn. On a 2+, this special rule has no effect. On a roll of 1, all models in the unit with this special rule may not voluntarily move, shoot or charge, but must still complete compulsory moves, such as Pile In and Fall Back moves.

Inhuman Reflexes (Goleph only): A model with this special rule has a 5+ invulnerable save.

Psychic Blank (Slinnar War Machine only): All Psykers, friend or foe, within 12" of a model with this special rule have -3 Leadership, do not generate any Warp Charge (i.e. they do not add dice to their owning player’s Warp Charge Pool in the Psychic phase) and only harness Warp Charge points on a roll of 6, even if the unit would otherwise harness Warp Charge on another result. A unit that includes any models with this special rule can never be targeted or affected by psychic powers – other units in the unit’s vicinity that are hit by beam or nova powers, or by witchfire powers that use templates, are hit/affected normally.

The Psychic Blank special rule does not apply whilst a model with this special rule is embarked in a Transport or building.

Self-replication (Schismatical only): When a model with this special rule inflicts an unsaved wound, it immediately gains +1 Wound (to a maximum of 10).

Shambling Tide (Schismatical only): In close combat, a model with this special rule makes a number of Attacks equal to its Wounds characteristic.

Stellar Core (Slinnar War Machine only): A model with this special rule is unaffected by all Pyromancy psychic powers, all flamer weapons as defined in Warhammer 40,000: The Rules, and all attacks that have the Soul Blaze special rule. In addition, a model with this special rule also has the Feel No Pain special rule against attacks from plasma weapons as defined in Warhammer 40,000: The Rules.

Techno-Heresy (Dark Adept only): A model with this special rule must take one of the following Techno-Heresies, providing them with additional special rules and wargear at no additional cost. Only one selection can be made per Model.

• Engines of Destruction: The Dark Adept is equipped with a servo-arm and has the Battlesmith special rule.
    • Gholam and other Forbidden Fleshworks: As long as the Dark Adept is alive, all models in his unit have the Feel No Pain (5+) special rule.
    • The Silica Animus: The Dark Adept is equipped with a cortex controller.
    • Malifica: The Dark Adept has the Adamantium Will special rule.

Warp Shield (Daemonhost only): A model with this special rule has a 5+ invulnerable save.

OPTIONS:
    • May include up to five additional Heretek Acolytes..... 4pts/model
    • One Heretek Acolyte may be upgraded to a Dark Adept..... 20pts
    • The Dark Adept may take items from the Ranged Weapons, Melee Weapons and/or Special Issue Wargear lists.
    • The Dark Adept may take melta bombs..... 5pts
    • Any Heretek Acolyte may replace their flak armour with one of the following:
      - Carapace armour..... 4pts/model
      - Power armour..... 10pts/model
    • Any Heretek Acolyte may take an item from the Ranged Weapons list.
    • Up to three Heretek Acolytes may instead replace their bolt pistol with one of the following:
      - Flamer..... 5pts/model
      - Meltagun..... 10pts/model
      - Ectoplasma gun..... 15pts/model
    • If the unit is in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Cybertheurgist Discipline of Techno-Heresy the unit may include:
      - Up to four Golpehs..... 15pts/model
      - Up to three Schismaticals..... 25pts/base
    • If the unit is in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Empyric Engineer Discipline of Techno-Heresy the unit may include:
      - Up to four Daemonhosts..... 10pts/model
      - Up to two Maletek Stalkers..... 25pts/model
      - Up to one Slinnar War Machine..... 50pts
    • If the unit is in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Gene-sculptor Discipline of Techno-Heresy the unit may include:
      - Up to four Alpha Chimerics..... 20pts/model
      - Up to one Gholam..... 60pts
    • The Gholam may take items from the Transgenic Grafts and Mutations list.
    • The Gholam may take up to 20 points of Mutations, in any combination:
    • May select a Dark Mechanicum Centaurus Duneraider, Dark Mechanicum Macrocarid Explorator or Dark Mechanicum Triaros Armoured Conveyer as a Dedicated Transport.

STITCHED HORRORS
    (0-1 Per Detachment unless selected as part of a Detachment that contains a model with the Gene-sculptor Discipline of Techno-Heresy)
    145Pts

Stitched Horrors 4 2 5 4 3 3 3 6 - Infantry 2 Stitched Horrors
    Stitched Abomination 4 2 5 4 3 3 D6 6 - Infantry (Character) 1 Stitched Abomination

WARGEAR:
    • Close combat weapon
    • Scavenged maul

MUTATIONS:
    • Bio-frenzy (Stitched Abomination only)

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Curse of Mutation
    • Fearless
    • Hammer of Wrath
    • Rage
    • Random Attacks (Stitched Abomination only)
    • Very Bulky

OPTIONS:
    • May include up to seven additional Stitched Horrors..... 45pts/model
    • Any model may replace their close combat weapon with a firearm..... 2pts/model
    • Any model may take items from the Transgenic Grafts and Mutations list.
    • The unit may be given one of the following upgrades:
      - Flak armour..... 10pts
      - Carapace armour..... 25pts
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Cybertheurgist Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the unit can be upgraded with any of the following:
      - Neural blockers..... 35pts
      - Neural fortifiers..... 20pts
      - Occular augmetics..... 10pts
      If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Empyric Engineer Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the unit can purchase one of the following Immateria Runes:
      - Rune of alacrity..... 4pts/model
      - Rune of eternity..... 6pts/model
      - Rune of warding..... 8pts/model
      - Rune of wrath..... 3pts/model
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Gene-sculptor Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Stitched Abomination may take up to 30 points of Mutations, in any combination:
      - Exalted Mutations..... 30pts each
    • May select a Dark Mechanicum Triaros Armoured Conveyer as a Dedicated Transport.

NEGAVOLT CULTISTS
    90Pts

Negavolt Cultist 4 3 3 3 1 3 2 9 - Infantry 5 Negavolt Cultists

WARGEAR:
    • Electro-goads
    • Empathic-resonance coils
    • Voltagheist field

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Feel No Pain
    • Zealot

Electrostatic: Whenever a model with this special rule makes attacks with its electro-goads in the Shooting phase or the Assault phase, each To Hit roll of a 6 causes 2 additional hits on the target. Snap Shots never cause additional hits as a result of this special rule.

OPTIONS:
    • The unit may include up to fifteen additional Negavolt Cultists...18pts/model
      - Aggression amplifiers..... 15pts
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Empyric Engineer Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the unit can purchase one of the following Immateria Runes:
      - Rune of alacrity..... 3pts/model
      - Rune of eternity..... 4pts/model
      - Rune of warding..... 6pts/model
      - Rune of wrath..... 4pts/model

Last edited by Fox Of 9; 01-11-2020 at 14:24.

Bronze Malifect/Rogue Psyker/Dark Mechanicum Praetorian Eradicators

BRONZE MALIFECT
    (0-1 Per Detachment unless selected as part of a Detachment that contains a model with the Empyric Engineer Discipline of Techno-Heresy)
    55Pts

Bronze Malifect 3 0 6 4 3 3 3 8 3+ Infantry 1 Bronze Malifect

WARGEAR:
    • Two close combat weapon

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Daemon
    • Fearless
    • Rending
    • Very Bulky

Tireless Hunter: A model with this special rule is never slowed by Difficult Terrain and automatically passes Dangerous Terrain Tests, but cannot Run.

Two Hands for Each Throat: At the start of any Fight sub-phase, models with this special rule double their Attacks if the combat they are in contains more enemy models than friendly models – count all models locked in the combat, not just those models that are engaged.

Two More to Hold Them Down: When a model with this special rule makes Melee attacks, it makes an additional attack at the Initiative 10 step (this does not grant the model an additional Pile In move). This attack cannot directly cause damage or Wounds. Instead, if this attack hits, the model who made the attack re-rolls all failed To Hit rolls during this round of combat.

OPTIONS:
    • May include up to two additional Bronze Malifects..... 55pts
      If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Empyric Engineer Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the unit can purchase one of the following Immateria Runes:
      - Rune of alacrity..... 4pts/model
      - Rune of wrath..... 5pts/model

ROGUE PSYKER
    (0-1 Per Detachment unless selected as part of a Detachment that contains a model with the Empyric Engineer Discipline of Techno-Heresy)
    35Pts

Rogue Psyker 2 2 3 3 2 3 1 8 - Infantry (Character) 1 Rogue Psyker
    Possessed 5 1 5 3 2 4 3 10 - Infantry (Character)

WARGEAR:
    • Close combat weapon

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Feel No Pain (4+) (Possessed only)
    • Independent Character
    • Psyker (Mastery Level 1)
    • Rending (Possessed only)

Aura of the Witch: A model with this special rule has a 5+ invulnerable save and the Fear special rule. However, it may never join another unit or become the army's Warlord.

The Daemon Unbound (Rogue Psyker only): If a model with this special rule suffers an unsaved Wound from Perils of the Warp, it is immediately replaced by a Possessed model and removed from play. The Possessed enters play with its full Wounds value, regardless of how many Wounds the Rogue Psyker had remaining.

Powers of the Witch (Rogue Psyker only): A model with this special rule must randomly select one of the following psychic powers and may not select powers from any of the tables presented in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook. Use the table below to determine which power each Rogue Psyker has access to.

D6
    Result
    1-2
    Creeping Terror
    3-4
    Warp Flux
    5-6
    Unnatural Vigour
    CREEPING TERROR ................................. WARP CHARGE 1
    Drawing on the hidden horrors that fester in the minds of all mortal creatures, the witch paralyses the target in abject terror for a brief moment, dulling reflexes and causing once steady hands to shake in unfounded terror.

Creeping Terror is a malediction that targets a single enemy unit within 12”. The Target unit reduces its Initiative value to 1 and may only fire Snap Shots until the end of the unit's next turn. Units with the Fearless special rule, are unaffected by this power, and units with the And They Shall Know No Fear and Stubborn special rules may attempt a Leadership, which, if passed, allows them to ignore the effects of this power.
    WARP FLUX ................................................. WARP CHARGE 1
    Driven by malevolent instinct and the half-heard whisperings of Daemons, the witch tears apart the barrier between real-space and the Warp, allowing a cascade of malefic energy to arc forth.

Warp Flux is a witchfire power with the following profile:

Range
    S
    AP
    Type
    12"
    -
    Assault 1, Blast, Haywire
    UNNATURAL VIGOUR ............................. WARP CHARGE 1
    Waves of putrid power spill from the transfixed form of the rogue psyker, granting a fevered burst of energy to those around him who have sold their souls to the Chaos gods.

Unnatural Vigour is a blessing that may target any friendly unit within 12” of the Rogue Psyker. A unit affected by this power gains the Fleet and Crusader special rules for its duration.

DARK MECHANICUM PRAETORIAN ERADICATORS
    130Pts + Cost Of Weapons

Praetorian Eradicator 4 5 5 5 2 3 2 9 3+ Infantry 2 Praetorian Eradicators
    Eradicator Lord 4 5 5 5 2 3 3 10 3+ Infantry 1 Eradicator Lord

WARGEAR:
    • Power axe
    • Infravisor
    • Praetorian battleplate

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Relentless
    • Stubborn
    • Very Bulky

Eradication Protocols: A model with this special rule can fire up to two weapons in its Shooting phase.

Lumbering Advance: Models with this special rule may not make Run moves or Sweeping Advances.

OPTIONS:
    • The unit may include up to seven additional Praetorian Eradicators..... 40pts/model
    • Each Praetorian Eradicator and Eradicator Lord must take two items from the Special Weapons list.
      - Neural blockers..... 40pts
      - Neural fortifiers..... 5pts
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Empyric Engineer Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the unit can purchase one of the following Immateria Runes:
      - Rune of alacrity..... 3pts/model
      - Rune of wrath..... 5pts/model
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Gene-sculptor Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Eradicator Lord may take up to 20 points of Mutations, in any combination:
    • May select a Dark Mechanicum Macrocarid Explorator or Dark Mechanicum Triaros Armoured Conveyer as a Dedicated Transport.

Last edited by Fox Of 9; 23-10-2020 at 23:28.

Subjugator Battle-automata Maniple/Cataphract War-droids/Dark Mechanicum Decimator

SUBJUGATOR BATTLE-AUTOMATA MANIPLE
    140Pts

Subjugator 4 3 7 7 4 3 2 7 3+ Monstrous Creature 1 Subjugator Battle-automata

WARGEAR:
    • Two battle-automata power claws
    • Two combi-bolters
    • Atomantic shielding

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Cybernetic Cortex
    • Reactor Blast

Brutal Onslaught: When charging, a model with this special rule inflicts D3 Hammer of Wrath attacks instead of 1.

Subjugator Protocols: Whilst within range of a cortex controller, a model with this special rule has the Crusader and Rage special rules.

OPTIONS:
    • The Maniple may include up to four additional Subjugator Battle-automata..... 140pts/model
    • All Subjugator Battle-automata in the Maniple may take any of the following:
      - Searchlight..... 1pt/model
      - Frag grenades..... 5pts/model
      - Infravisor..... 5pts/model
      - Enhanced targeting arrays..... 15pts/model
    • Any model may take one item from the Battle-automata Heavy Weapons list.
    • Any model may replace any battle-automata power claw with one of the following:
      - Power fist..... 10pts each
      - Siege drill..... 15pts each
    • Any model may replace any combi-bolter with one of the following:
      - Flamer..... 5pts each
      - Meltagun..... 10pts each
    • If the Maniple is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Cybertheurgist Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Maniple can be upgraded with any of the following:
    • If the Maniple is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Empyric Engineer Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Maniple can purchase one of the following Immateria Runes:
      - Rune of alacrity..... 10pts/model
      - Rune of eternity..... 15pts/model
      - Rune of warding..... 15pts/model
      - Rune of wrath..... 10pts/model

SPECIAL OPTION:
    • A single Maniple in a Detachment, comprised solely of a single Battle-automata/Siege-automata (of any type), may be given:
      - The Paragon of Metal special rule..... 35pts

CATAPHRACT WAR-DROIDS
    (0-1 Per Detachment unless selected as part of a Detachment that contains a model with the Cybertheurgist Discipline of Techno-Heresy)
    75Pts

Cataphract 4 4 5 5 3 2 1 8 3+ Infantry 1 Cataphract War-droid

WARGEAR:
    • Heavy flamer
    • Multi-melta
    • Power fist
    • Multi-targeter
    • Power field and field synchroniser

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Night Vision
    • Relentless
    • Silica Animus
    • Very Bulky

OPTIONS:
    • The unit may include up to four additional Cataphract War-droids..... 75pts/model
    • Any Cataphract War-droid may replace its multi-melta with one of the following:
      - Autocannon..... free
      - Ectoplasma cannon..... 5pts/model
      - Lascannon..... 10pts/model
      - Power fist..... 15pts/model
    • One Cataphract War-droid may instead replace its multi-melta with a graviton cannon..... 35pts
    • Any Cataphract War-droid may replace its power fist with a chainfist..... 5pts/model
    • If the unit is included in the same Detachment as an Arch-Heretek with the Empyric Engineer Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then any Cataphract War-droid may equip their autocannon with:
      - Warp munitions..... 5pts/model
      - Rune of eternity..... 8pts/model
      - Rune of wrath..... 4pts/model
    • May select a Dark Mechanicum Macrocarid Explorator or Dark Mechanicum Triaros Armoured Conveyer as a Dedicated Transport.

DARK MECHANICUM DECIMATOR
    (0-1 Per Detachment unless selected as part of a Detachment that contains a model with the Warpsmith Discipline of Techno-Heresy)
    210Pts

Armour
    WS BS S
    F/S/R
    I A HP Unit Type Unit Composition
    Decimator 3 3 8
    13/12/11
    3 4 3 Vehicle (Walker) 1 Dark Mechanicum Decimator

WARGEAR:
    • Two Decimator siege claws
      with built-in heavy flamers
    • Searchlight
    • Smoke launchers

SPECIAL RULES:
    • Daemon
    • Deep Strike

Daemonic Resilience: Vehicles with this special rule ignore the effects of Crew Shaken and Crew Stunned results on a roll of a 2+.

Unholy Vigour: A Decimator ignores the effects of Weapon Destroyed and Immobilised results on a roll of a 5+.

In addition, if the Decimator is Wrecked (but does not suffer an Explodes! result on the Vehicle Damage table when destroyed), place it on its back or side or leave a marker on the table to represent its position. At the start of its controlling player's subsequent turns, before models are moved, roll a D6.

On the result of a 6, the Decimator returns to play (place it as close to its original position as possible, but more than 1” away from any enemy models) just as if it had successfully arrived via Deep Strike, with its weapons and mobility restored and D3 Hull Points. On the result of a 1, the marker is removed and the Decimator is permanently Wrecked. On a result of a 2-5, the Decimator remains Wrecked, but its controlling player may attempt to roll again for Unholy Vigour on their next turn.

OPTIONS:
    • The Decimator may replace any Decimator siege claw and built-in heavy flamer with one of the following:
      - Soulburner pertard..... 10pts each
      - Storm laser..... 15pts each
      - Butcher cannon..... 20pts each
    • May replace one Decimator siege claw and built-in heavy flamer with a heavy conversion beamer..... 35pts
    • If the Decimator is included in the same Detachment as a model with the Warpsmith Discipline of Techno-Heresy, then the Decimator can be upgraded to be one of the following:
      - Daemon engine of Khorne..... 15pts
      - Daemon engine of Tzeentch..... 25pts
      - Daemon engine of Nurgle..... 25pts
      - Daemon engine of Slaanesh..... 15pts

Last edited by Fox Of 9; 24-10-2020 at 21:10.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast