Thread: From the depts of antiquity, I rise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

From the depts of antiquity, I rise

Lol, who's got the lowest member ID number? I remembered this place existed and I came back trying to find a short piece I had written on the front page years ago. How can I find that sort of thing? The search only seems to find forum posts.
    You're such an inspiration for the ways that I will never ever choose to be
    Oh so many way for me to show you how your Savior has abandoned you
    **** your Lord, your Christ, he did this, took all you had and left you this way
    Still you pray, never stray, never Taste of the Fruit, never thought to question "Why?"

A Perfect Circle - Judith

Re: From the depts of antiquity, I rise

I thought the antiquity department had been shut down due to budget cuts!
    Like slack-jawed never Gnyaarg. Some then folks'll folks'll skunk, some. the but, again yokel eat a Cletus.
    | Project log |
    McMullet's avatar has poorly hands and so few postings will be written and they may be a little terse.

OMG.

Look at some of the old folks back here to chat. Good to hear your are both alive and kicking.

Cheers,

CB

PS: For those of you who, really, really want to know, open a members' profile and you will see their ID number in the URL.
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Metal and Plastic Bretonnians, Painted Elysian and Tau Armies, plus painted WFB Empire Units/Heroes and other bits for 40K and terrain

PS: For those of you who, really, really want to know, open a members' profile and you will see their ID number in the URL.
    That's really only a tie-breaker. You can just look at the date. Everyone who came aboard in March 2005 beat me. I didn't get here until June of that year.

My Portent membership started in 1998. I recall actually defending 3rd ed. 40k when it first came out. In my defense, it was a lot easier to play (not better, easier ) and while I had a checkered record in 2nd ed., I utterly dominated in 3rd. Naturally I loved it!

So long ago...
    Want a better way to fight fantasy battles? Try the revised and expanded Conqueror: Fields of Victory!

Do you like Star Wars but hate the prequels? Ever wish someone came up with a decent story about how a decadent galactic commonwealth descended into chaos and civil war? Look no further.
    A proud player of 2nd edition 40k.

Brother Sergeant

My original profile was from November 2006, but in 2011 after being banned for trolling I didnt commit I escaped to the Los Angeles underground where I lurked until I could re-emerge.

Whatever did happen to t-tauri? I like to think his service as a Warseer mod features proudly on his CV

Quote Originally Posted by starkravindave View Post
    My original profile was from November 2006, but in 2011 after being banned for trolling I didnt commit I escaped to the Los Angeles underground where I lurked until I could re-emerge.
    Wait, are you saying that if I'm in trouble and no one else can help, maybe I can hire you?
    Want a better way to fight fantasy battles? Try the revised and expanded Conqueror: Fields of Victory!

Do you like Star Wars but hate the prequels? Ever wish someone came up with a decent story about how a decadent galactic commonwealth descended into chaos and civil war? Look no further.

Somehow I'm only member 158...

Now *that's* what I call rising from antiquity.
    Like slack-jawed never Gnyaarg. Some then folks'll folks'll skunk, some. the but, again yokel eat a Cletus.
    | Project log |
    McMullet's avatar has poorly hands and so few postings will be written and they may be a little terse.

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

My member number is 9.

People by member number:

1. Nick
    2. Someone named DrDuran who may or may not be a test account?
    3. Someone named Seph who posted a little then disappeared.
    4. Hercco!
    5. Sylass, who was IIRC the owner at one point?
    6. Malakai
    7. Cat0234 ... Who?
    8. Great Harlequin who was fairly active for a while!
    9. Me!
    10. Riddy ... Who I also don't know.

Early days were strange. AFAIK the site wasn't even named for a couple of months. We had a meeting! A vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Portent View Post
    Somehow I'm only member 158...
    Didn't you have a very young baby at the time?
    Last edited by Inquisitor Engel; 30-04-2021 at 21:34.

Chapter Master

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    [...] Sylass, who was IIRC the owner at one point? [...]
    When discussing starting this madness, I think I agreed on buying a domain/renting a server (I blame Nick!).
    First server didn't last long because of traffic limitations and I transfered the domain back to the Nick (I think) later.
    Technically it's possible that I was somewhat of an short-time owner...

All this makes me feel old...:skull:

*edit*
    I still have a mock up picture of the warseer thong that never went to production...

*edit2*
    no :skull: smiley...
    Last edited by Sylass; 18-07-2021 at 10:18. Reason: found the warseer thong

Quote Originally Posted by Sylass View Post

*edit2*
    Another sad sign of the decline of this once august site...

Stick figure on a beach Arnizipal's Avatar

Is the wastes still running? I was a guilder for a while, I used to enjoy reading the spam threads in there (may have even made a few myself. I used to love putting threads in the fluff section, I remember suggesting a 40k/star trek crossover)

Is it guild money from a hundred neglected accounts automatically paypalling a couple of quid a year keeping this site afloat?

Whatever happened to Godzooky?
    The Wastes are still up, and Guilders (including myself) still pay annually to support this site.
    Things on the management side have been very quiet for months.
    I fear the owners have abandoned their post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylass View Post
    *edit2*
    One of the images lost in the crash...
    We still have Mister Green and the Shifty smiley though

EDIT: I'm not proud of the fact that it took me 4 months to spot this thread in Random Musings.
    I try to check in on Warseer every so often, but most subforums have so little traffic I hardly read them anymore.
    Last edited by Arnizipal; 24-07-2021 at 23:27.
    Come join the discussion at the Warseer Anime Fan Group

Quote Originally Posted by MOMUS View Post
    Nah Arni, it's not your fault you're old and cranky

Quote Originally Posted by Arnizipal View Post
    EDIT: I'm not proud of the fact that it took me 4 months to spot this thread in Random Musings.
    I try to check in on Warseer every so often, but most subforums have so little traffic I hardly read them anymore.
    Some wargamers convinced me to join Discord, and I hate it. Their site is just a random jumble of tops, comments and I find it confusing and generally a waste of time.

The current site needs some reorganization (too many sub-sub-forums), but one thing that this format is good for is dropping in after a break and seeing what topics are trending. You can also dig out an older thread to pick up a discussion without too much trouble.

As the social media oligarchs continue to wield their banhammers with wild abandon, this site could come back in a big way.

Stick figure on a beach Arnizipal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar von Toussaint View Post
    The current site needs some reorganization (too many sub-sub-forums), but one thing that this format is good for is dropping in after a break and seeing what topics are trending. You can also dig out an older thread to pick up a discussion without too much trouble.
    Agreed, but who will do that?
    The current owners seemingly stopped caring and it's not easy to find someone with both the knowledge and the free time to rebuild the site.
    Come join the discussion at the Warseer Anime Fan Group

Quote Originally Posted by MOMUS View Post
    Nah Arni, it's not your fault you're old and cranky

Brother Sergeant

Is the wastes still running? I was a guilder for a while, I used to enjoy reading the spam threads in there (may have even made a few myself. I used to love putting threads in the fluff section, I remember suggesting a 40k/star trek crossover)

Is it guild money from a hundred neglected accounts automatically paypalling a couple of quid a year keeping this site afloat?

No, I cancelled all recurring Guilder subs when Portent imploded due to the server failure. Someone else has been covering Warseer server costs for a very long time, I'm not in contact with the current management.

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Miss you, Pete.

I note that Sylass is complaining when it's clearly all his fault. *blames*
    | Project log |