Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: From the depts of antiquity, I rise

Re: From the depts of antiquity, I rise

Quote Originally Posted by Arnizipal View Post
    There's nobody above the Admins. They (actually) own and (theoretically) run the site.
    https://www.warseer.com/forums/showgroups.php

Us Inquisitors (that are still checking in, which, in all honesty is mostly Captain Brown) know what to do.
    I think the Admins know by now as well, but it seems they either keep postponing or aren't technically skilled enough to pull it off.
    Sorry, not current on the terminology.

As noted elsewhere, I like the improvements and they make the site feel both less cluttered and less abandoned.

Speaking of antiquity, anyone remember when Portent used to run articles? I did one actually defending 40k 3rd ed. from its critics.

Kind of glad that bit of my writing has disappeared into the warp...
    Want a better way to fight fantasy battles? Try the revised and expanded Conqueror: Fields of Victory!
    Do you like Star Wars but hate the prequels? Ever wonder what could have happened if someone competent wrote them? Look no further.
    A proud player of 2nd edition 40k.
    Check out my bestselling book about the Spanish Civil War.

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar von Toussaint View Post
    Speaking of antiquity, anyone remember when Portent used to run articles? I did one actually defending 40k 3rd ed. from its critics.
    I remember when Portent BROKE THE NEWS of the LOTR game becoming the third "Core" GW game!

I remember Brushworks! Where Pete would basically facilitate commision paint jobs and post examples!

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Engel View Post
    I remember when Portent BROKE THE NEWS of the LOTR game becoming the third "Core" GW game!
    Boy that takes me back. Those boxed sets were great values and I used them to completely replace my High Elf and Orc and Goblin armies. They were cheaper, better sculpts, easy to assemble - just wonderful.

I always figured GW would collapse when the LOTR bubble melted away, but here they still are, all my forecasts of doom notwithstanding.

I guess they did face a reckoning of sorts and pushed Kirby out. I still have one of his D&D dungeon modules from TSR UK back in the 80s: Drums on Fire Mountain.

It's excellent, btw.
    Want a better way to fight fantasy battles? Try the revised and expanded Conqueror: Fields of Victory!
    Do you like Star Wars but hate the prequels? Ever wonder what could have happened if someone competent wrote them? Look no further.
    A proud player of 2nd edition 40k.
    Check out my bestselling book about the Spanish Civil War.

Another oldie rising from the depths... a friend new to the hobby got be back in via AoS, and now I got him in with 40k
    I'm back I guess

Chapter Master Inquisitor Engel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar von Toussaint View Post
    I guess they did face a reckoning of sorts and pushed Kirby out.
    The hilarious part is that Kirby was supposed to stay on and be very involved even when Rountree replaced him, by Rountree could see Kirby's calendar and would schedule important meetings when Kirby was out of town, or otherwise unable to attend. Kirby eventually got the message.

Quote Originally Posted by thegnome View Post
    Another oldie rising from the depths... a friend new to the hobby got be back in via AoS, and now I got him in with 40k
    Yes, but will you post your food exploits here as well as the 'Gram?

With your Sister, Man, doing something you wouldn't like.

I've kind of drifted away from wargaming. I just don't have the time at the moment.
    Plus I'm out in the Middle East at the moment, and it's hard to find someone to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakanis View Post
    Listen to the Marv. He is wise and full of badgery knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meriwether View Post
    What Marv said
    Badgers Ahoy! A Dystopian Wars Plog

Usually after board gaming nights I get an urge to dive back into Warhammer, because modelling and jockeying for statistical advantage with plastic is great fun, but then it feels like I would have to re-organise my life just to get a 'quick fix'.

Well, at least I can get a kick out of my account age here!
    Brutius Maximus, Veteran Sergeant

Welcome old timers.

Cheers,

CB
    Please follow the rules and respect the opinions of others
    Interested in buying OOP metal Necromunda figures - Selling Painted Elysian Army, and other bits for 40K and terrain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2