Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I think that there is more going on in the secondary market out there. One of the reasons why I closed my account is that over the past few months it is more of a hassle to sell on places like e-Bay. Now you need to allow for them to access your bank account, whereas it used to be just fine to use a paypal account as an intermediary. This is on top of our discussion of people able to print out bits for OOP models, as well as the collections and collectors are maturing for a lack of a better word. I mean by this that, while I may be interested in buying a few more models here or there if I can find what I believe is a good value, I will never sell certain armies that I have collected for almost 30 years. I believe that I am not the only one who thinks that way.
I supposed it depends on the form your collection is taking. I gravitate to the older stuff, and broken models are a magnet to me since I often intend to cannibalize them anyway.

I do agree that the collectors market seems to be fracturing into people have all that they need so nothing moves and there's less of the "welp, time to dump my army all at once."

I mean, there are full armies for sale, but the asking prices are very high, not the fire sales one used to see as people shifted into something new.

Also, lots of established mega-dealers with large inventories who aren't in any hurry to move product. In fact, I buy most of my stuff that way - especially when I get a notification of a sale or incentive.

It's interesting what isn't out there, though. Some armies have lots of items up, others almost nothing.

It's like as you said - the true collectors have already snarfed up the ultimate Squat army and no one's in the mood to sell.