Thread: Middle Imperial Roman Field Army 2800 pt List for Scrutiny

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Middle Imperial Roman Field Army 2800 pt List for Scrutiny

To be honest, I never used characters other than a Tribune, and I never had a problem with my units running from the fight. In fact most of the time they would get stuck in and stay forever in a Roman Civil war game. Give Ground really does a lot to keep your Romans in the fight. It's like having a BSB as a rule, but only you lose some ground. I would get rid of the characters and take those points and work up to another century, or get some more Auxiliaries. Take a Tribune if you must have a commander, but you don't need to.

I think that you have too much invested in light Calvary. You have two large units of them. I would either figure out a way to make one of them into a more hard hitting unit, perhaps with points from above, or find something else. Either way I would not take them at 9 and 11 per unit. Two units of 6 will work just fine.

Having said all of the above, I am not sure that we are on the same page here. Are you using the Roman Army from WAB v2 starting on page 172?
    Last edited by Rogue; 21-10-2021 at 21:27.
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffymcfluff View Post
    Warhammer for me is more fun when I can drink, smoke and swear at my dice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Vaughn View Post
    And dont tell me the rules are "Designed" to work better at certain points values, because the rules are many things but Designed aint one of them...
    My miniature blog. http://tinylegions.blogspot.com/
    www.classichammer.com - New Games with Old Rules