Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: The ABC Discussion Pit (OOC)

Re: The ABC Discussion Pit (OOC)

I can't think of how to explain why he missed all the action, so Abramo can re-enter later. I added a small character meanwhile who adds a more mysterious touch to events...

NAME: Syaka TeVora
    RACE: Sahshan (Snow Leopard)
    SEX: Female

DESCRIPTION: Appears as a tiny cat, generally bearing many of the markings and appearances of an Earth creature known as a Snow Leopard but very small in size and with a slight blue blur surrounding her shape. Appears capable of using Druidic abilities and an affinity for the natural order of the planet. Away from prying eyes, she uses a more humanoid image, but remains in the shape of a small feral creature when others are around to protect her people and herself. The badgers won't pay any attention to or suspect something so small after all...

This character is very stealthy and very mysterious, coming from a tribe of people who went to ground when the badgers first landed on the planet and have a natural tendency to survive and co-habit with the local fauna and wildlife. Physically, she is a weak fighter and more adept at utilising her surroundings and cunning to fend off threats. Mentally though, she is a powerhouse when connected with the elements. Refferring to herself as Wind-Touched, it is a term used for psykers amongst the tribes. Abilities range from subtle mind games and taking on the tiny cat form to calling storms and summoning ravening monsters from the Warp in the middle of Badger camps by accident.

The religion of her tribe tells of a great fire falling from the sky and spawning strangers, there to redeem them against the perversions of the natural order known as badgers. They have little to no concept of high technology and to all intents and purposes see the ABC and their curiously wonderful creations as Gods. Oh dear.
    "I made you kill your best friend, I made you kill your wife, and now I've killed you."
    :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:
    The Artist-Hole Formerly Known As hellgunneR

Brother Sergeant

Well I am not surprised, Fury does consider himself god like so it is about time someone worshiped him as one

he'll find a green supplicant when he returns to base.
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?

I'm drinking wine and eating cheese and catching some rays, woof, woof, baby!

At the KC, not sure if I'm happy or just nervy

YAY! Puddy tat! Can I ride it, can I ride it, can I ride it?

Actually just re-read the profile it's too small, nuts. :cries:
    Famous Last Words: 1) I bet no-ones ever done this before, 2) I can do it, 3) Watch this .

"thog wonders how thog will cope with life outside jail walls, prison changed thog."
    "We were only in there for 40 minutes."
    "prison changed thog quickly."
    The greenskinned legend that is Thog from OOTS

Please tell me I haven't killed the thread already...

Fury; Grey has already been worshiped as a god in his career as a space wolf. Its all fun and games till someone tries to sacrifice a city for you.
    Keep your friends close and your enemies at the end of a bolter.

[PoshEnglishAccent]Come on chaps, lets go shoot some commoners!

I've turned into a giant marshmallow and started rolling around sticking to things. Does anyone want to help a brother out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthor's Shadow View Post
    Poly, Step away from the keyboard. Slowly turn around. Put both hands on the wall with palms flat. Bring head back slowly. Ram forehead into wall. Repeat till unconscious.
    Ardent hater of the Space Marine Chaplin.

What is your character by the way? I can't find a description for him...or is he anything?
    "I made you kill your best friend, I made you kill your wife, and now I've killed you."
    :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:
    The Artist-Hole Formerly Known As hellgunneR

Brother Sergeant

But Grey, when they sacrifice a city to you, you know they have will do whatever you say, now that is power.

And, who tells a god to take a bath, I ask you

Marine

what good is a bath when you're going to get badger blood stains on yourself a few minutes later anyway?

Hello,

Forgive my lax, been a busy week.

Newest adversaries are up. Dream up some interesting mutations some of them might have as we descend down, some may even be gifted with bizzare powers...

The other group may feel free to either rendezvous with us or make up your own adversaries as you make your way down too.

Onwards ABCers.
    Join the ABC today and get your very own official ABC Tea-Towel as an introductory gift! *

* Tea-Towel may not actually exist

Brother Sergeant

I should be posting somethign for the front/distraction/sacrificial lamb group either today or tomorrow hopefully, work has been demanding that I actually do something for them to earn my money. The nerve I say

I fear i am about to be pressed into the workforce. the shame.

Brother Sergeant

WOA, it's back!

Now, I'm back!

It's, Anthonace, everybody's favorite infrequently posting techmarine! (Crickets)

I'll suss out the new thread and get to work on reworking my charachter.

Hello,

Welcome back Anthon, nice to see you around again.

I look forward to the utterly rediculous reasoning you'll come up with for rejoining us mid mission. We've had some corkers thus far.
    Join the ABC today and get your very own official ABC Tea-Towel as an introductory gift! *

* Tea-Towel may not actually exist

Brother Sergeant

And it's done:

Name: Anthonace (originally Anthinas, however, a secretarial error coupled with a space-time anomaly changed it so that it always was Anthonace.)
    Division: None
    Race: Space marine
    Nicknames: 'Nace

Features: Anthonace has pale skin and a shaved head. His eyes are dark green that flicker with a cold, bitter fire. He has bionics on the left side of the face, right arm, and left foot.

Gear: Techmarine power armour, Adeptus Mechanicus power axe, customizable servo harness, scanning equipment and interface plugs (the wires that hang down like a tabard on the model).

Likes: Machines, technology, equipment and tinkering with them.

Hates: Badgers, Mars.

Personal Bio: (New)

Anthonace hails from the Iron Dragon space marine chapter, a proud but unorthodox chapter founded from Iron hands gene seed. By the time of his inception the Iron Dragons had earned critical scrutiny from the Adepticus Mechanicus for their blatant irreverence for tradition. While they had not unlocked many of the great secrets that have restricted the Imperium’s production of specialized equipment such as anti-gravity systems, they had made many modifications to the STC pattern technology used by the chapter. This made the Tech Priests stupendously furious. To avoid the wrath of Mars, The Iron Dragons sent several young marines to the Tech Priests, breaking their traditions of training their Techmarines within the chapter fortress. Anthonace was chosen among these candidates due to his competency with machines and technical giftedness.

While on Mars Anthonace was trained not only in the arts of the machine but to be a spy for the superstitious Tech Priests. However, Anthonace was chosen for more than his ability to build and maintain the machines of war, but for his steadfast devotion to his chapter. The Iron Dragons had anticipated the Adeptus Mechanicus’ ploy and sent their most loyal initiates to ensure that none of their marines returned to be traitors to the chapter. Anthonace returned to his chapter a fully fledged Techmarine, but not before carving several obscene messages on hard to reach and hard to clean areas within the fabricator-cathedral in which he was trained.

Serving under Iron Father Ihadda Baddei, Anthonace fought in hundreds of battles against the Orks that constantly assaulted the systems nearby to the chapter home world. Throughout this time Baddei constantly tested his loyalty to the chapter, ever suspicious that Mars had succeeded in convincing him to betray his battle brothers. These tests ranged from simple monitoring to trying tasks, including streaking through the nearby Imperial Guard garrison wearing only a placard stating; “Mars can suck this”. It was this task that robbed Anthonace of his left eye, due to the garrison’s furious tech priest firing a battle cannon at him. Fortunately, the shell was a dud. Convinced that Anthonace was loyal, and significantly well endowed, Baddei began to train him in the chapter’s now secret arts of innovation, tinkering and engineering. Anthonace took to this new knowledge like an ork to battle.

It was 40 years later, during the purgation of an isolated agri-World due to a severe ork infestation, that Anthonace and Baddei’s company, “The Faithful”, encountered the Badgers. No of the marines knew why they came, but the mission was clearly of great importance. Anthonace’s retellings of the story often contain recounts over nine thousand badger ships blotting out the sun. The Badger fleet assaulted the Faithfuls battle barge, “Ferrus Manus’ Rage”, forcing it to retreat from orbit and seek reinforcements. The entire company was left stranded with much of their supplies departing on the Rage. Within an hour of driving away Ferrus Manus’ Rage from the system, the badgers made planet fall.

Over the next three weeks the Iron dragons fought against countless badger soldiers assaulting the planet’s capitol. Only when the last bolter round had departed from its casing* and into the heart of an unlucky badger did the marines abandon the city to engage in guerrilla warfare with their foe. Three months of bitter hand-to-hand fighting against the badger search parties wore the once glorious company down to a few furious, weapons-less, badger hating marines. Then, as suddenly as they arrived, the badgers left, leaving their dead and their foes behind. No respite came for the battle weary Iron Dragons as the orks began to repopulate the planet unchecked. There was no choice but to fight.

Three years later Ferrus Manus’ Rage returned with reinforcements in tow to find the agri-world overrun. Iron Father Baddei had perished in battle along with all but a three of the remaining Iron Dragons one of which was Anthonace. Their small base of operations had been discovered and the ork hordes were bearing down upon them. Rescue came in the form of the terminators of the first company teleporting to their distress beacon and annihilating the army that pursued the three marines. The planet was liberated and the orks crushed, but this was no consolation to the remaining brothers of the Faithful.

Mad with grief at the loss of their brothers, and from a lack of essential metabolic stabiliser drugs, Anthonace and the two other marines swore a blood oath to hunt down the badgers that had shamed their chapter and killed their brothers. The Chapter Master decreed that they be exiled if they wished to pursue this oath; as there was no way that the chapter could spare resources pursuing a grudge against an unknown opponent. Bitter with this betrayal, Anthonace and his companions set off in search of the badgers. His fifteen year search led him to the ABC. By then both his companions had perished and Anthonace was on the border of being completely insane. His obsession with machines had been amplified beyond reason and a dark, destruction craving subconscious had formed within him. This is however, by ABC standards, pretty normal.

*It is common knowledge that bolters use caseless shells, however, few know that it is written in the Codex Astares that if the marines are having their picture taken, they must used cased ammunition. In this case, the Iron Dragons had no photographer, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Edit: heh, this is a bit of a TLDR isn't it?

Edit x2: I'm not sure how Anthonace fits in in terms of his role in the facility, with Fury leading Q branch and Anthonace being more of a tinker than a scientist, I think he might've ended up in a rather unglamourous role. Fixing exploded coffee machines maybe?
    Last edited by Anthonace; 26-04-2008 at 15:26.

Oh my god?

Oh... my... god...?

Is this a sign of the impending aporkalypse!?

Mayhaps, mayhaps not. We won't know until the Apocalypse clock is finished...

Some one should start working on that...

Scout

Suddenly, the gates to this most blessed of halls crash wide open.

A huge, hulking shape lumbers through the gates.. It’s metal feet thunking loudly on the floor with every step.

A Furioso dreadnought appears in the hall. Once it must have been painted in a bright red colour.
    These days.. It looks *weary* . Covered in all kinds of red – paint, rust, and viscera.
    Much of its ceramite is dented, scratched, shot and blown up.
    Countless trophies adorn the dreadnought.
    The heads and body parts of creatures that are like... Badgers.. Hideously deformed Badgers that is.

The dreadnought opens its communication channels and announces in a booming voice:

“I HAVE RETURNED. LONG HAVE I WANDERED THE WARP, HUNTING THE CHAOS BADGER GOD.
    BUT NOW I AM RETURNED. IT IS I, DREFT, REPORTING FOR DUTY. LET US HUNT SOME REGULAR BADGERS”

The carapace of the dreadnought opens and a small grot appears.
    He jumps out to the floor and chuckles.

“Teeheeheeheehee such delight to be back in a normal environment. Hello friends!
    How have you been these past 15 years?
    I say; time to make some *DAKKA**DAKKA**DAKKA* again!
    Nexus6, come here, where are you! Levi? Greyskull? Darkwind? Grey Painter? Master Kasen?”

Only then, did it dawn on him, that these most sacred of halls had been long deserted.
    The dust of over a decade piled up. He fell on his butt and cried and cried and cried.
    Did the badgers get to his old comrades in arms? Had they grown up and moved on?
    He thought back to his days on the Battlefleet Portentia. Perhaps he should not have left it to hunt solo in the Warp…
    He had left the Battlefleet even before the crusade migrated to Warseer.
    He tried hard to remember, but all the details of those days had become less than hazy.
    He could hardly remember all the battles he had participated in, nor the faces of his comrades.

After crying and remembering for a while, Dreft picked himself up again.
    He slapped the dust from his shoulders and a smile appeared on his face.
    Even though now it is a distant memory, he would always remember those times fondly, and be glad he fought the vile badgers with his fellow brothers in arms..
    And made the universe just that tiny bit safer, and brighter.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18