Thread: Dark Elves - 2000 Point. (rehashed and rethought)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Librarian

Dark Elves - 2000 Point. (rehashed and rethought)

Draleth, Dark Elf Noble – 132 Points
    Heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, shield, seal of ghrond, blade of spite.

This is the general, normally he sits back in either of the main infanry units and advances alongside them. The seal is for additional dispel abilities and the blade of spite is there because i've found it useful to be able to not have to roll to wound on occasion (3 attacks normally gets me one or two auto wounds)

Korjan, Dark Elf Noble – 191 Points
    Heavy armour, sea dragon cloak, shield, lance, dark pegasus, death mask.

If all goes to plan this noble will accompany the chariots and dark riders on a flank and then get behind the enemy. the idea is to use the pegasus to make full use of the terror that the death mask gives

Kardan, Dark Elf Sorcerer – 180 Points
    Hand weapon, 2 dispel scrolls, 2nd level.

Generally this guy uses death magic, scrolls as standard for a caddy. Normally sits alone so as to make full use of his spells

Dark Elf Sorceress – 170 Points
    Hand weapon, tome of furion, dispel scroll, 2nd level.

Bought along for some more magical ability. The tome is used to hope that i can get the spells I want. Not decided which spell list to use with this wizard but im swaying towards death magic again.

15 Warriors – 145 Points
    Shield, spear, light armour, hand weapon, full command.

15 Warriors – 145 Points
    Shield, spear, light armour, hand weapon, full command.

These units are there to give a little back bone to the army - a stable force of infantry marching across the table. Normally deployed on eiter side of the executioners and generally one unit contains the general, Draleth.

5 Dark Riders – 97 Points
    Spears, light armour, hand weapon, musician.

5 Dark Riders – 97 Points
    Spears, light armour, hand weapon, musician.

Because no druchii army should be without them. They deply on one flank alongside the dark peagasus and the shades and attempt to flank the enemy or get behind them to limit march moves

20 Executioners – 250 Points
    Heavy armour, draichs (Great weapons), full command.

Love the models, my favourite unit in the army. My opponents generally have units of low strength well armoured units and I find these useful for cutting a swathe through the enemy. Usually flanked by the 2 units of warriors.

Cold One Chariot – 97 Points
    Spears.

Spears.

Spears.

These will deploy on the flanks of the warriors to add a little puch to the charges when the army goes in. Normally I try to keep them in range of the general to use his Ld for stupidity and such.

6 Shades – 90 Points
    Light armour, repeater crossbows.

Because I had a few points left over and they can cause a nuisance to enemy warmachines if they survive to get there.

Repeater Bolt Thrower – 100 Points

Repeater Bolt Thrower – 100 Points

To provide some firepower and hopefully annihilate a few of the enemy before I get to them

Total Points - 1988

4 hero slots,
    4 core slots,
    4 special slots,
    1 rare slot,

6 Power dice,
    5 Dispel Dice,

What do you think of the army? any glaring problems and such? what would you change and why?

Comments and criticisms wanted

Cheers

Dan
    Last edited by heldane; 06-04-2005 at 01:08.