Thread: What to purchase next for Tau?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Chapter Master

What to purchase next for Tau?

Admins:

Wasnt sure where this would fit. I need help deciding on a Tau Purchase:

I have an ethereal, 6 Crisis Suits, one Broadside, 2 Hammerheads, a devilfish, a squad of pathfinders, a 6 man squad of xv15 Stealth suits, 5 12 man squads of fire warriors, a squad of kroot and 24 gun drones.

I was thinking of getting a Tau commander in a crisis suit, and two Pirhanna and a krootox for my kroot squad. Im also thinking maybe another Broadside, but I also like the Skyray. Which of the two heavy supports should I get? Im thinking with 2 Broadsides on a team, that would give me better survivability than with just one Skyray. Also, I already have 2 Hammerheads, so maybe just one Broadside and leave my heavies at that? With regards to the Pirhanna, are they worth their points? Having an ethereal, should I bother upgrading to a Tau commander?

I've had my Tau for a number of years, but only recently been building the models that I have on hand and bought the codex 3 months ago. OK, so Im slow at building an army Forgive my ignorance on Tau composition :confused:
    Last edited by Vic; 23-04-2007 at 15:44. Reason: Update to question
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight View Post
    Anyone who attempts to defend their playstyle in a GAME of Toy Soldiers based on a made-up history written by a bunch of geeks with zero military experience really needs to sit down and take a long look in the mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by foehammer888
    In my honest opinion, 99% of unique/theme armies should have to do with creativity, modeling, painting, and unit selection, and does not require any special rules.