Hello Warseer! I thought I'd post a thread of my happenings and such.

At the moment I'm finishing up my 500 points of D-99 inspired Elysians, after which I will embark upon the horrible monolith of apocalypse in the form of a large mechanised guard army. I also have a mars pattern Warhound en route from Japan I just won off ebay so I'm going to have alot of crap to get through.

First up I'll post what I've done, please excuse my camera work, I suck.

The Elysian 12th Ranger Regiment

Elite even among the famous Elysian drop troops, the Rangers are a battle hardened light infantry unit designed to operate deep behind enemy lines without the close aerial support the regular drop troops enjoy.

Because of their deep ranging nature, Rangers rarely ride in the low altitude Valkaries, instead opting towards the large high altitude transport 'Albatross'. While this carries them above most enemy anti-aircraft fire, it means that the Rangers are forced to rely on themselves once on the ground, and must fight and hold out until relieved by advancing ground troops.

Lacking the usual Vulture support afforded to regular Elysian regiments, Ranger fireteams are extremely heavily armed and utilise high altitude deployed Tarantulas for perimeter defense. Apart from these the only other vehicles utilised by the Ranger Regiments are Sentinels.

HQ: Veteran Command HQ (90 Pts)
1 Veteran Command HQ

1 Veteran Officer
Surgical Enhancements; Laspistol; Frag Grenade (Squad)

4 Veterans
Surgical Enhancements; Grav-chute (x4); Lasgun (x2); Plasmagun
(x1); Missile Launcher; Frag Grenade (Squad)

Elite: Veteran Sniper Teams (64 Pts)
2 Veteran Sniper Teams
Drop Troops; Iron Discipline; Surgical Enhancements; Xeno Fighters;
Lasgun (x2); Sniper Rifle (x2); Frag Grenades

Troops: Veterans Squad (106 Pts)
5 Veterans Squad
Shotgun (x2); Demolition Charge; Meltagun (x1); Missile Launcher;
Frag Grenades; Grav-chute

1 Veteran Sergeant
Surgical Enhancements; Lasgun; Shotgun; Frag Grenade (Squad)

Troops: Veterans Squad (102 Pts)
5 Veterans Squad
Lasgun (x1); Shotgun (x1); Flamer (x1); Meltagun (x1); Missile
Launcher;Frag Grenades; Grav-chute

1 Veteran Sergeant
Surgical Enhancements; Shotgun; Frag Grenade

Heavy Support: Sentry Gun Unit (25 Pts)
1 Sentry Gun
Twin Linked Lascannon

Fast Attack: Drop Sentinel Squadron (100 Pts)
Xeno Fighters
2 Sentinel
Xeno Fighters; Grav-chute; Heavy Bolter
Total Roster Cost: 487

Too much ghost recon infected me with a need to do a modern 'special forces' feel guard army. I realise Marines are special forces but the whole '8 foot tall swinging a chainsaw into somone's head' thing just didn't have the subtle, agile edge I wanted, hence...

anyway on with the show

A sentinel from E-company, 'Greyhound'

A Tarantula perimeter defence unit, note the good luck symbol painted on the front by maitenance crewmen.